cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deadxpoetic
Contributor
Message 11 of 51

Re: Strange issues with the new hub 4

I just have to ask; how compulsary is it to have the hub connected to the 'test' socket for 5 days? i work form home so i need to have a somewhat reliable connection and as i said before my only method of connecting my computer is via ethernet, now my computer is upstairs while the main wall socket, ergo the test socket is downstairs, it would be quite inconvenient to have cables running all over the house

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 51

It's not compulsory to connect to the test socket just that would be the best connection. Whatever socket you need to stay connected 24/7

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
deadxpoetic
Contributor
Message 13 of 51

probably my last question, 

would it be better to reconnect the hub 4 for the line to stabalise or stick with the hub 1? 

i noticed from time to time my hub 1 has a tendency to randomly drop out, however i havent noticed the same with the hub 4, just the odd download issue, that said it had only been connected about 32 hours

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 51

you have a problem with your internal wiring which is crippling the connection speed and to get out of the banding you really need to be in the test socket

have you by any chance a sky box connected to the phone line they are also known as a source of problems as they get missed out of having a filter fitted
0 Ratings
deadxpoetic
Contributor
Message 15 of 51

we do have a sky box however to my knowledge it hasn't been connected to the phone line in probably a year

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 51

may be worth a check as well and ensure it either has a filter fitted or is disconnected from the phone line
0 Ratings
deadxpoetic
Contributor
Message 17 of 51

i can confirm the only thing wired to the main wall socket is our telephone, which does have a filter, the only other wall socket we have is upstairs which is directly wired to the faceplate of the main socket, and the only thing connected to the upstairs socket is the hub, through a filter

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 51

it will be worth while removing the bell wire from every socket this link explains more http://www.filesaveas.com/jarviser/bellwirenutshell.html
deadxpoetic
Contributor
Message 19 of 51

may i ask for a short version of what that would achieve? i don't trust myself to start yanking out wires if i'm not certain on the outcome! also is there any major downside to doing this?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 51

there is no downside to removing them the bell wire connected to terminal 3 is a well known source of interference