Oh dear, oh dear. DLM does not seem to have got a handle on this line. Three weeks later and we are back down to 2272 kbps capped profile at 10dB margin (which also reports a current max achievable rate of 3649 kbps). Is it possible for the line cap to be removed please?
the banding of your conenction normally only happens when there is a problem with your connection are you dropping your internet hence the banding can you post your router stats please
unless the underlying problem is fixed then banding will happen again just it has done now
Thanks - it is a venerable 2wire BT2700HGV; as you can see after a reset it was happy enough (as was I) at 3824 kbps on 9dB interleaved and just goes downhill. There is zero prospect of this line ever being problem-free as it is 4km of above-ground line. I would prefer speed over stability - it is now worse than when it was on ADSL Max.
|DSL Line (Wire Pair):||Line 1 (inner pair)|
|Downstream Rate Cap:||2272 kbps|
|Downstream Atten. at 300kHz:||59.8 dB|
|Uncancelled Echo:||-21.4 dB||Ok|
|VCXO Frequency Offset:||-2.0 ppm||Ok|
|Final Rx Gain:||34.5 dB||Ok|
|Impulse Noise Comp. Tones:||0||Ok|
|Excessive Impulse Noise:||0||Ok|
|Impulse noise protection:||4.92|
|Delay of latency path:||8.00 ms|
|Time||Line||Rate||Max1||Max2||Max3||Mgn1||Mgn2||Attn||Pwr||CRCs||FECs||INP||DLY||Rate||Max||Mgn||Attn||Pwr||CRCs||FECs||Mode||Vendor||State||Exit Code||Echo||VCXO||Rx Gain||INC Tones|
|2018/05/08 08:32:10 BST||1||3824||3781||3725||3725||9.0||8.7||62.0||18.0||597||10331||1.00||8.00||446||624||11.3||39.0||12.1||2||2270||G.DMT2+ Annex A||Broadcom||230/105||ERR_LOS_LIMIT||-21.3||-0.7||34.5||0|
|2018/05/10 08:20:09 BST||1||3822||3725||3889||3889||9.3||10.1||62.5||18.0||934||5854||1.00||7.97||535||541||9.7||39.5||12.1||10||7442||G.DMT2+ Annex A||Broadcom||230/105||ERR_LOS_LIMIT||-21.0||-0.5||34.5||0|
|2018/05/15 08:25:12 BST||1||3920||3885||3817||3817||9.0||8.7||61.7||18.0||2617||72081||1.20||8.00||644||634||5.9||38.7||12.1||151||72776||G.DMT2+ Annex A||Broadcom||230/105||ERR_LOS_LIMIT||-21.2||-0.3||34.5||0|
|2018/05/18 13:36:28 BST||1||3383||3261||3081||3081||12.0||11.0||62.0||17.8||379||12861||1.12||7.98||648||624||5.3||39.0||12.1||111||77883||G.DMT2+ Annex A||Broadcom||230/105||IDLE_REQUEST||-20.3||-0.7||34.5||0|
|2018/05/19 10:37:39 BST||1||3200||3073||3149||3149||12.0||12.6||62.9||17.8||11||1277||1.04||8.00||637||637||6.1||39.8||12.1||0||6159||G.DMT2+ Annex A||Broadcom||230/105||IDLE_REQUEST||-20.8||-1.0||34.5||0|
|2018/05/28 09:38:52 BST||1||3399||3265||3017||3017||12.0||10.5||62.7||17.9||25846||209230||1.12||7.98||631||624||5.9||39.7||12.1||128||127045||G.DMT2+ Annex A||Broadcom||230/105||IDLE_REQUEST||-16.5||-0.7||34.5||0|
|2018/05/28 16:00:53 BST||1||3187||3057||2869||2869||12.0||11.0||62.9||17.8||162||818||1.05||7.99||637||620||5.6||39.9||12.1||11||6058||G.DMT2+ Annex A||Broadcom||230/105||ERR_LOS_LIMIT||-20.6||-1.7||34.5||0|
|2018/05/29 10:56:06 BST||1||2512||2401||2553||2553||15.0||15.8||63.7||17.3||80||7815||1.13||8.00||598||613||6.6||40.6||12.1||2||8393||G.DMT2+ Annex A||Broadcom||230/105||IDLE_REQUEST||-20.2||-2.3||34.5||0|
|2018/05/30 10:40:26 BST||1||2659||2549||2401||2401||15.0||13.9||62.6||17.5||1023||12736||1.07||7.99||634||614||5.3||39.5||12.1||15||13452||G.DMT2+ Annex A||Broadcom||230/105||ERR_LOS_LIMIT||-20.5||-2.1||34.5||0|
|2018/05/30 11:25:13 BST||1||2272||3681||3649||3649||10.2||10.2||64.5||17.6||0||81||4.92||8.00||631||630||6.1||40.6||12.1||11||522||G.DMT2+ Annex A||Broadcom||229/103||N/A||-21.4||-2.0||34.5||0|
from the stats you are not going to win until you can get a more stable conenction even with the noise margin increasing which should have helped stability you are still getting resets daily recently and ending up in banded profile
the old '2 wire' was supposed to give better results but I found an old netgear gave me better results have you tried one of the newer hubs like the hh4 to see if that makes any difference?
It seems that the ADSL2+ DLM is degrading the profile very quickly, unlike when it was on ADSL Max (happy at 3500+ kbps 6dB fastpath for ages, until there were real line problems like knackered joints, shot line).
I never really used the HH4 as its sync was very poor (1700-2100) in comparision to the 2 wire on my line when on ADSL Max, often to the point of being unable to sync at all. I did use a Netgear DG534 at one point but that was no better than the HH3 I had before as my backup router.
I have now reconnected using the HH4 (limited to 2272 as expected) and will see what happens in a couple of weeks! Fingers crossed...
see how it goes and post back if not helping
I thinkit was an old netgear dg834gt I had but with custom firmware which enabled me to alter the noise margin to suit my connection