cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Stuck in a Frustrating Loop

Go to solution

I can not reply to short code texts. My supplier Smarty does not allow this as they call it a premium number. I have an issue with my broadband and BT keeps texting me wanting a response via text which I obviously can not do. I have tried to call BT but I get a recorded message and yet another text to respond to which again I can not do. It is getting very frustrating as I seem to be stuck in a loop that I can not get out of...any suggestions Lads and Lasses?

Regards

Jeff

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Stuck in a Frustrating Loop

Go to solution
I'm waiting for an engineer too atm and receiving short code texts but BT are emailing too. Have you checked?
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution
Hi Thanks for your reply.
Yes no email and I specified email as my preferred contact
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @JeffM1 welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

@JeffM1  Meanwhile, here's some Smarty advice (note they do have a helpdesk)

https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/1170797-problems-with-sending-text-messages 

Smarty reckon, if you're still stuck:

Still got issues with sending and receiving text messages?

Please get in touch with us via web chat so that we can help.

Web chat is available 8am-8pm, 7 days a week. 

If you need help outside of these times, you can still submit your question via web chat and leave your email address or mobile number. We’ll reply as soon as possible.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Hi and thank you for your reply but I don't have a problem texting. Smarty policy is you cant send short code texts.

Are all texts free with SMARTY plans?

Learn exactly what's included with our range of plans.

Written by Poppy
Updated over a week ago

Currently, you can only send texts (SMS and MMS) to normal UK mobile numbers with all SMARTY plans (excluding data-only plans), so text messages are free no matter which plan you're on.

However, at some point, you'll also be able to send other kinds of messages which will be chargeable. Chargeable texts will include premium-rate texts and short-codes, which are used for entering competitions, buying ringtones, voting on reality TV shows and paying for parking.

We'll let you know when you're able to send these alternative types of text messages. 

When the time comes, please note that you'll need to buy one of our out-of-plan add-ons in order to send a chargeable text.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Hi Neil.

Thank you for your reply, how do I get in touch with the moderation team.

Regards

Jeff

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Hi, @JeffM1 if you click on the envelope in the top right of this webpage you'll have a private message from me that you can respond to.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @JeffM1, I just wanted to check how the engineer visit went yesterday and if you're happy that this has been resolved. Post back and let me know.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Hi John.

apologies for my late reply. Engineer turned up on time. Paul was a great bloke explained what the problem was and corrected it in less than half an hour. I also asked him about fibre to premises as I had asked previously and was told there were no plans this year to introduce ftp in my area however. The Engineer told me that here was a fibre receiver box already on the pole but no connections to it. I wonder if you could let me know the current fibre to premises situation is in my area post code Pr7 4ex.

cheers

jeff

0 Ratings