Did you mean: 
Highlighted
CNW
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Stuck on ADSL1

Go to solution

Hi,

I have recently migrated to BT Broadband and it appears my line has been put on an ADSL1 profile. On my old ISP I used to be on ADSL2+ which worked fine and was 2Mb quicker than I currently get on ADSL1 on BT.

Could you put my line on an ADSL2+ profile please?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Stuck on ADSL1

Go to solution

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes can you run the diagnostic test and post results.  if you have a hh4 can youi go to trougleshooting then logs and when hub connected can you post the noise margin and connecdtion figures.  if hh3 or earlier then post the adsl stas from the router

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
CNW
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

I haven't got an issue with the speed I am getting it's just since the migration my line will not connect on ADSL2+. Line mode is G.DMT and it needs to be ADSL2+.

I have tried forcing ADSL2+ on my own netgear router and it refuses to connect. It will only connect on ADSL1.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

to get mod help you need to show some information  if you are using a netgear then from status page the stats are at the bottom show statistics.

I assume that your conenction speed is <8mb as wholesale have put new customers on adslmax if there connection speed is below adslmax limit of 8mb.  the mods have benn successful in getting people moved but need information first

just read some other posts as examples

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
CNW
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

Here are my router stats

ADSL LinkDownstreamUpstream
Connection Speed6112 kbps448 kbps
Line Attenuation50.0 db24.5 db
Noise Margin5.2 db23.0 db
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

you have a really good connection speed for your attenuation as normally would be about 4.8mb.  I doubt moving to adsl2 will increase your down conenction speed by much but will double your up speed.

the mods will contact you and you can ask them to try and get wholesale to move you to adsl2 - bear in mind that adsl2 is far more aggressive on any line noise and may cause drops in conenction

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

I would agree with imjolly in that I would be quite surprised if your line could handle 2Mb faster speeds on the downstream considering the line length, but we should be able to do something about the upstream. Send us your details via the "contact us" link in my profile and we'll have a look and put the best plan into action.

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

0 Ratings
CNW
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution
On my old ISP I got 7120/1024 on ADSL2+.

The line is not very noisy which is good.
0 Ratings
CNW
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

Still haven't heard anything from BT regarding this?

Still stuck on ADSL1 and a 448k upload speed.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

the mods will get back to you but it is taking longer than normal probably due to the problems following the launch of bt sports

0 Ratings