Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mizzle
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

Sudden 0.25mbps download, connection keeps resetting..... help

Help!

About a week ago my previously great connection speed dropped and the connection keeps dropping out, only returning when I reset the hub.  Some days I have to reset the hub several times - the restart issue has been ongoing for several weeks but the extremely slow speed for about a week or so.

I have: connected via test socket with new microfilter, connected laptop to Home Hub (2) with the cable and ensured nothing else connected.  Nothing in setup has changed, been almost 3 years completly trouble free.  The line was a little noisy with the old filter but equally it's a cordless phone.

I've read some recent posts with people experiencing the same issue and some kind of manual reset has fixed the issue, would that assist in this case?  (I have got the impression that the multiple resets may be contributing)

These are the stats from the router whilst connected to test socket and laptop to hub via cable:

ADSL line status

Line stateConnected
Connection time0 days, 1:24:12
Downstream283 Kbps
Upstream1,208 Kbps

VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.5
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)29.5 dB / 8.9 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)14.0 dB / 8.2 dB
Output power (Down/Up)0.0 dBm / 12.8 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)10
Loss of Signal (Local)1
Loss of Power (Local)0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)0 / 0
CRC Errors (Down/Up)0 / N/A
HEC Errors (Down/Up)N/A / 0
Error Seconds (Local)1

And bt wholesale speed test:

Download: 0.26mbps

Upload 0.62mbps

Ping: 35.13

all help gratefully recevied!

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Sudden 0.25mbps download, connection keeps resetting..... help

you are in a banded profile due to the hub restarts you now need to maintain a stable connection 24/7 for the next 3/5 day and you should then start to come out of the banding automatically post back your stats in 3 days and we can if needed get you further help
mizzle
Beginner
Message 3 of 13

Will do, thank you.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

post back any time there is always someone around
0 Ratings
mizzle
Beginner
Message 5 of 13

Hello - what do I do if my connection keeps resetting itself?  It seems from other posts that if the connection keeps dropping, I will keep having these ridiculously slow speeds.  I feel a bit stuck as I can't stop the connection resetting itself!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

if you have line noise that will affect your connection and needs reporting to BT Faults on 151 but do not mention broadband in the call
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 13

try phone again on quiet line test and if any hiss/crackle then you need to report a phone fault and get it fixed before your broadband will impove   best testing from test socket 

phone faults

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
mizzle
Beginner
Message 8 of 13

I got through to customer service who said there's a fault on the line. They have logged two faults, but when I view them online it says no phone fault and they are looking at the broadband. The call centre transferred me to tech help but I got cut off.
I tried quiet line again and still a bit of a hiss, nothing like it was yesterday with the different filter/socket.

I'm not really sure how to progress, do I wait for them to respond to the fault? Its so hard to actually get in touch with anyone.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

If you use the test socket and just in case it is the router causing the noise you could disconnect the router and then do quiet line test. If still noise then must be outwith your home

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 13

when you called faults on 151 you should not have mentioned broadband in the call
0 Ratings