Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rockets
Contributor
Message 21 of 59

Re: Sudden drop BBand speed on contract extension date

Go to solution

One incorrect BT Speedtest er is actually irrelevant.

see my posted listings from correct sources, showing how my systems was 14+ Mbps and now a steady 8

Samknows and Speedtest don’t lie, both show 8 Mbps.

In addition, I am the customer who has experienced the very good service pre-contract to the post contract renew the choppy/degraded service while trying to work from home....impossible!

Extremely frustrating ...

the fact is that My service has been seignificantly degraded since BT renewed my contract for more money per month. 

Based on your “no care” post, guess I will keep phoning, complaining to BT for fix or cancel

No surprise people must resort to working with newspapers and media to complain enough to getting someone who cares ....that BT is charging 25% more per month for a degraded service drop of 14 to 8 Mbps.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/may/01/empty-promises-bt-broadband-speeds

0 Ratings
Rockets
Contributor
Message 22 of 59

Go to solution

If you had read my earlier posts, you would see that all dozens of tests that I reported above showing 14 Mbps for all of the last 3 years and ..now down to 8Mbps or below, were done using Speedtest or Samknow - which are correct and calibrated services.

So, ok, you can toss out the single test on BT speedchecker and use the other 20 I gave you.

Samknows and Speedtest don’t lie, both are showing 8 Mbps or below

In addition, I am the customer who isn’t living and has first hand experience of both the very good service pre-contract renewal (proves the system is capable of 14Mbps!)...

to the post contract renew switch which is now delivering a choppy/degraded service ...impossible trying to use it to work from home.

Extremely frustrating ...

the fact is that My service has been seignificantly degraded since BT renewed my contract for more money per month. 

Based on your “no care” post, guess I am forced to keep phoning, complaining to BT for fix or cancel and go elsewhere.

No surprise people must resort to working with newspapers and media to complain enough to getting someone who cares ....that BT is charging 25% more per month for a degraded service drop of 14 to less than 8 Mbps is fraudulent.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/may/01/empty-promises-bt-broadband-speeds

0 Ratings
Rockets
Contributor
Message 23 of 59

Go to solution

Wonderful new BT contract extension saga:  98% degraded service!

Isnt that just great for paying more per month?!

great service, eh?!

Current download speeds:

Broadband download speed is now less than upload speed; degraded to 0.3 

latest Speednet results:

Sep   7,  2018,     HH4,       0.8 Mbps,  1.08 Mbps  11:54 pm

latest Samknows results:

Sep   7,  2018,     HH4,       0.82 Mbps,  1.04 Mbps  11:56 pm

Sep   8,  2018,     HH4,       0.36 Mbps,  1.09 Mbps  12:04 am

Far cry from the 14 Mbps on old contract or the 10 Mbps claimed by “ expert”

0 Ratings
Rockets
Contributor
Message 24 of 59

Go to solution

Can I get a Moderator to review this, please?

Had to go to neighbor’s house to send update because my broadband is now down to a snails crawl, 0.3 Mbps.

Big mistake that I renewed BT contract...big mistake that I believed them when they promised exact same service...just an extension.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 59

Go to solution

Hi @Rockets,

We can look into all of this for you and see what we can do to help you.

To get in touch with us, click on my user name and then copy and paste the link under "Moderation Team Email Address" into your browser.  Complete that form and we'll get back in touch with you.

As it's the weekend, it may take us a couple of working days before we can get back in touch with you.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the thumbs up next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
ksadamson
Message 26 of 59

Go to solution

Interesting posts here. I had exactly the same issue and havent even recently renewed!! Had a steady 11Mb down and 800K upstream for about 10 years since having a BT line, then last week it dropped to 2mb down and 150K upstream almost modem dial up speed! BT claim nothing wrong everything tests fine and that my Netgear router is the fault. Ive had this on the line since the start and never been an issue. Took 3 tries to find someone at BT support who listened long enough to the problem instead of just running through a standard set of checks non of which make any difference. When it works product is great but boy do BT let themselves down on customer service

0 Ratings
Rockets
Contributor
Message 27 of 59

Go to solution

Ksadamson,

Agreed - poor service.  Just get “check list” admin people upon phoning for help.

it’s been over a week, since I renewed, renewal must have triggered Digital settings apparently being altered (DSM?) and my service remains at a degraded state.

0 Ratings
Rockets
Contributor
Message 28 of 59

Go to solution

Daniel, 

I was quite ill over the weekend, so I have only just provided the info reply to MOD.

sadly - my Broadband remains at the degraded rate, since the sudden drop, which occurred on contract renewal date. (Also had a drop to below zero), as noted Friday.

It’s been 10 days now.

appreciate any help MOD can provide to restore the service rate that I’ve had for the previous 3+ years.

Regards

Message 29 of 59

Go to solution

Thank you @Rockets.

I hope you are doing much better today. One of us will be in touch with you tomorrow Smiley Happy

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the thumbs up next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Rockets
Contributor
Message 30 of 59

Go to solution

After yesterday’s phone call and reset, Broadband was operating nicely with faster speeds and nearly back to normal in the afternoon.

However, it has slowed down and is quite sluggish, sometimes freezes now.

Speedtest download speeds:

11 Sept.

12:08 pm  13.5 Mbps

2:31 pm     13.5 Mbps

6:20 pm     13.7 Mbps

12 Sept.

2:11 am       8:04 Mbps

9:47 am       8:32 Mbps

12:24 pm    8:25 Mbps

0 Ratings