Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 31 of 72

Re: Sudden drop BBand speed on contract extension date

Go to solution

has router reset again and conenction speed dropped hence lower download or is it just the download speed that has dropped and connection speed ok?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Rockets
Contributor
Message 32 of 72

Go to solution
12:01:44, 11 Sep.(571957.200000) DSL is up
12:01:43, 11 Sep.(571955.690000) DSL noise margin: 5.90 dB upstream, 6.00 dB downstream
12:01:42, 11 Sep.(571954.780000) DSL line rate: 1152 Kbps upstream, 16000 Kbps downstream
11:57:19, 11 Sep.(571692.460000) DSL is down after 9526 minutes uptime

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 33 of 72

Go to solution

so speed good at 16mb so problem is download speed and not low connection speed. unlikely to be congestion at the times you show   are you using ethernet conenction for testing?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 34 of 72

Go to solution

@imjolly those stats are from yesterday afternoon just after the reset was carried and not a reflection of the connection speeds today.

@Rockets it looks like there is an issue with the line, I'll call you in a moment.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 35 of 72

Go to solution

@NeilO

That was why I asked for current connection stats to see if connection speed had dropped since mods had reset the line  from your comment the line has dropped reducing connection speed and hence download speed basically back to where it was before reset

Rockets
Contributor
Message 36 of 72

Go to solution

Hi NeilO,

Status update:

pre-13 Sept

As reported, the download speed had been at a deteriorated 8 Mbps and sometimes 7 Mbps.

13Sept

The Engineer came Thursday (13Sept) ~10 am, said he did some “cleaning up” of the wiring.

He reset and measured 16+Mbps at the main box. I also checked speedtest measures showed between 14.5-14.9 Mbps download speed, so all was good!

Throughout the day Thursday, I continued to check the download speed and it was operating very good with download speeds of 14.8, 14.9 Mbps. Seemed back to normal and running great all afternoon and early evening.

Then ~8:40 pm - broadband suddenly shut off.  I kept checking, but it was down for approximately 1 hr 20 min (seemed like someone reset it?)

Broadband came back at 10:05 pm. It was very sluggish since this reset, speeds with below 1.0 Mbps for the first hour and then went back to the 8 Mbps that I was seeing prior to engineer visit.

14 Sept

Broadband download speeds are again at the degraded 8 Mbps rate.

I just checked the WAN logs and it does show that the connection speed was reset to a lower value (now showing 10 Mbps vice 16), about the time that the broadband was restored last evening.

This is exactly what happened the prior Monday after the engineer checked it remotely, ie., the speed was very good all day and early evening, until someone reset it at almost the exact same time 8:30 pm. then the broadband came back up with a lower connection speed (10) and my download speeds at a 8Mbps.

As I had stated to you over the phone, I will not be available over the weekend now, but will look to speak with you again Monday.

Best Regards

22:04:00, 13 Sep.( 106.710000) DSL is up
22:03:59, 13 Sep.( 105.300000) DSL noise margin: 5.90 dB upstream, 6.10 dB downstream
22:03:58, 13 Sep.( 104.390000) DSL line rate: 1155 Kbps upstream, 10964 Kbps downstream
22:02:50, 13 Sep.( 36.070000) WAN Auto-​sensing running.
22:02:13, 13 Sep.(42518.560000) PPP LCP Send Termination Request [User request]
22:02:03, 13 Sep.(42508.290000) PPPoA is down after 0 minutes uptime [Reconnecting...]
22:02:03, 13 Sep.(42508.210000) PPP LCP Send Termination Request [No network protocols running]

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 72

Go to solution

Hi @Rockets,

Thank you for posting, @NeilO is back in the office on Monday and will follow up with you then.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Rockets
Contributor
Message 38 of 72

Go to solution

Hi Neil,

Hope you had a nice break.

Monday, 17Sep update:

Broadband still operating at a degraded 8 Mbps with intermittent freezes.

It has been like this the entire weekend. On Friday just after noontime,  BT MoD phoned me to discuss situation. After speaking it came back up to a nice smooth 14 Mbps for rest of afternoon.  However, it repeated the same as after the engineer left on the 14th.  That is, ran very nicely at 14.5 Mbps all afternoon and early evening.  Then at about 8 pm, Broadband cut off for about an hour. Then returned to a steady 8 Mbps and has been at this speed the entire weekend (with occasional freezes).

Regards,

Rockets

0 Ratings
Rockets
Contributor
Message 39 of 72

Go to solution

Hi Neil O,

Just got back, Drive took forever to get from Yorkshire back to London!!!

Had to wait for the winds to drop, but didn’t realize that whole chunks of the motorways (M1, M25, M4) are routinely shut down after 9 pm and diversion notices leave a lot to be desired!

After our earlier discussion (you said the speed was back to 14 and better), I was anxious to quickly try out the broadband.

I am thrilled to report back to you that the download speed is a fantastic 15.3 Mbps - nice and smooth!

Crossing fingers it remains this way.  I will do some checks throughout tomorrow and Friday before we connect again at noon.

Thanks for persevering in fixing this!

Best Regards

Message 40 of 72

Go to solution

@Rockets Thanks for speaking with me today, I'm really glad the engineer visit managed to get your connection back up to speed. If you need any help in the future post back and we'll be happy to assist :smileyvery-happy:

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings