Message 61 of 72

Re: Sudden drop BBand speed on contract extension date

Go to solution

Yes, it seems to be fine now.

Thanks so much for your help!

Message 62 of 72

Go to solution

@Rockets That's great I'm glad it's working ok again, I'll make sure @DanielS sees your reply on Monday Smiley Happy

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
Message 63 of 72

Go to solution

You are more than welcome @Rockets,

Take care and have a great week Smiley Happy

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Rockets
Contributor
Message 64 of 72

Go to solution

Daniel, Neil,

Closed out fault too soon, as I am now getting BBand download rates of 2 this evening and the rate was less than 1 (unusable) last evening.  Frustrating.

As my note says, other friends living in 1 mile radius (but some on different exchanges; some are on fiber/some are not) are complaining of the same BT Broadband issue, particularly it going out in the evening hours between 6-11 pm.

Could it be that BT doesn’t have enough capacity to support the number of users they have signed up during evening traffic hours?

Also, seems so very strange that each  of us noted that we had wonderful BT Broadband performance prior to this past summer.  (As if a switch was enacted). We were comparing experiences and we all agreed that the Broadband worked great for many,many months/years.  We are all perplexed at how it suddenly got bad for everyone this past summer.  ...as if BT made a change that impacted us all.

Again, it’s not just me...there are a number of us who are quite frustrated by the poor evening performance.

0 Ratings
Message 65 of 72

Go to solution

Hi @Rockets

Sorry this faults ongoing I can appreciate the frustration especially as it seemed to be fixed.

My colleague @DanielS is in the office this afternoon I'll get him to take another look at it for you.

Thanks

Stuart

Community ModeratorStuartH
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 66 of 72

Go to solution

Hey @Rockets,

I've been checking your exchange and there does not appear to be any congestion issues identified. I have noticed that your noise has again dropped from 6dB down to 3dB. I have placed an order to apply interleaving to your line. I haven't increased your noise margin this time as we may automatically decrease it to 3dB again. This order is due to complete tomorrow. I'll not be in the office tomorrow but I will be here on Wednesday until 4pm and until 12pm, noon, on Thursday. Let me know when you would like me to call you.

Thanks

DanielS

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Rockets
Contributor
Message 67 of 72

Go to solution

Thank you for working this.

I’ve been tied up and away for part of the last few days, so I will be observing and checking to see the performance over the next days and get back to you.

Message 68 of 72

Go to solution

Thank you @Rockets,

I'll be in the office Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. There are other changes that I can make but I want to see if this will help you first.

Thanks

DanielS

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 69 of 72

Go to solution

Hey @Rockets,

I'll be in the office until 4pm tomorrow, off Thursday and on late again on Friday. Can you let me know how your connection has been performing for me please? Smiley Happy

Thanks

DanielS

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Rockets
Contributor
Message 70 of 72

Go to solution

Hi,

Sorry for slow response. Have been in and out for large portions of last couple days, so not a good time to observe performance.

However, on Tues 12Feb, was working/using Internet all day...everything running great!  Then later that evening, sat down with guests to watch BBC iplayer/Netflix streaming shows and the usual evening outage occurred. (frustrating that it always happens when you want it the most).  This time it was down (below 1Mbs) from 9 pm for about an hour.  After the hour, back up and working great!  It is a shame, if only we could solve the continuity reliability issue. (Or shift this 1 hour outage away from eveingin hours to the middle of the night 🙂

Understand you are off today/weekend.  No problem, as I fully agree that it’s best to do your tweaks one at a time. Especially since, outside of the evening hour drop-off, it works great.

Thanks for your help.

0 Ratings