Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rockets
Contributor
Message 71 of 72

Re: Sudden drop BBand speed on contract extension date

Go to solution

Further notes:  The outage is never at the same time in the evening.  Always between 6pm to midnight, Sometimes 6-7, other times 11-12, last Tues. it was 9-10.

wondered if streaming videos was a problem (triggering issue?), but seems to be perfectly fine in daytime.

0 Ratings
Message 72 of 72

Re: Sudden drop BBand speed on contract extension date

Go to solution

Hi @Rockets,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm actually going to be in over the full weekend and on Monday. I'll be off on Tuesday though.

I'm sorry that it hasn't resolved it for you. I can make your service more stable but it could affect your speed. I would rather do that as our last option. The main issue is the system we use that tries to balance speed and stability, known as Dynamic Line Management (DLM). When it's set at 6dB we proved that you didn't have the same issue in the evenings. However; DLM is kicking in and putting it down to 3dB. I've manually changed the DLM back to 6dB and I've asked that our suppliers don't lower it down to 3dB again.

Is there a particular day and time that you'd like me to check in with you to see how your connection has been performing? Smiley Happy

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings