cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 11

Switch back to fastpath

Hi I am an avid gamer and noticed that recently interleaving has been switched on on my line. Previously I was on 6db fastpath setting which worked perfectly. Then one day the DLM automatically switched my line to 3db fastpath which was not very stable and I guess this is the reason interleaving was activated. 

Unfortunately having interleaving enabled has badly affected my ping and enjoyment of online gaming. I would be very grateful if one of your technical staff could kindly put me on a 6db fastpath profile as I know that my connection was perfectly stable and great for gaming when it was set to this.

For reference here are my ADSL stats from my modem router:

Operational mode: ADSL2+

Upstream: 1151

Downstream: 17672

SNR Margin(Upstream): 6.2

SNR Margin(Downstream): 3.0

Line Attenuation(Upstream): 11.6

Line Attenuation(Downstream): 23.0

Your help will be greatly appreciated

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Switch back to fastpath

Hi Welcome

you also need to be able to show 3 days + stable connection from your routerstats before the mods can arrange a move to fastpath
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Hi there thank you for your promp reply. I am currently using a billion BIPAC 7800n router. The line appears to be stable. However I have not had the router powered up very long probably just over an hour. Should I post a screenshot of the router stats in 3 days time to prove that the line is still stable? Will it then be possiblt to be put on a 6db fastpath profile as this is all I want and like I said this was working great for me until the DLM changed it to 3db  

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

the normal default at any reset is 6dB however there is no saying in the future the DLM will not reduce the noise margin again yes please repost stats showing connection time in 3 days time
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

So it is not possiblt to bypass the DLM and set a static 6db fastpath profile? I only ask this question because previously (before I moved house) I was with Talk Talk and they put me on a static 9db fastpath profile which never changed over the three years I was using it. OK I will report back in 3 days thanks again. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

The DLM is active 24/7 and cannot be turned off
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

I understand thanks for all your help. I will post my stats again in three days I still wish to be be placed on a fastpath profile. If the DLM decides to reduce the SNR to 3db and can always tweak it back up to 6db or even 9db using the SNR tweak within this routers firmware 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Hi I have been using my internet for over three days and the connection seems solid it has not dropped once. Please see screenshots below of my router stats

I would be more than happy if you could 'reset' my profile to fastpath 6db as this will improve my ping in games  

Stats1.jpg

Stats2.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

mods will help and post a contact us link 

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 3/5 working days either by phone or email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Here is another screenshot showing WAN stats

stats3.jpg

0 Ratings