Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MYKEU
Contributor
Message 1 of 20

Switching to fastpath profile

Hey,

Is it possible for a moderator to change my line to the fastpath profile?

I have read somewhere that I need to post on here in order to receive an invite to contact the moderators.

Kind regards,

Michael

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 20

Re: Switching to fastpath profile

Can you post the stats from your hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
MYKEU
Contributor
Message 3 of 20

Hey,

As far as I am aware, I have the Home Hub 4 and there are no line stats on the hub page.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 20

if using a hub 4 locate these lines located in the hub logs
Lines should look like this
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.460000) DSL noise margin: 7.00 dB upstream, 6.10 dB downstream
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.390000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 288 Kbps downstream

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
MYKEU
Contributor
Message 5 of 20

I had to look quite far back but I have found this that is similar to what you stated;

17:43:24, 28 May. PPP LCP Send Configuration Request
17:43:19, 28 May. DSL Link Up: Down Rate=19419Kbps, Up Rate=1275Kbps; SNR Margin Down=6.1dB, Up=6.6dB
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 20

your router reset last night was that a manual reset or router dropping connection?

0 Ratings
MYKEU
Contributor
Message 7 of 20

Hey,

No this is the first time that I am using this router.

That being said, my internet dropped out just now and came back up ~2mins later. When I check the logs, it now states;

DSL Link Up: Down Rate=8128Kbps, Up Rate=1184Kbps; SNR Margin Down=9.6dB, Up=7.0dB

My down rate is considerbly lower than before now - anybody know why this has happened?

I am assuming considering I only just acitvated my broadband, I need to wait a couple of days for it to see which is the best line? If so, does it normally lower my down rate this much while testing?

0 Ratings
MYKEU
Contributor
Message 8 of 20

I'll assume it is considering it happened again but this time it is now;

DSL Link Up: Down Rate=8128Kbps, Up Rate=1152Kbps; SNR Margin Down=9.5dB, Up=8.0dB

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 20

you will need to be able to show at least 3 days+ stable connection before the mods would consider switching you to fast path
MYKEU
Contributor
Message 10 of 20

I have had a quick check today and my hub is saying;

DSL Link Up: Down Rate=19376Kbps, Up Rate=443Kbps; SNR Margin Down=6.1dB, Up=33.4dB

However, my down rate is far from 19mb as when I test my line, it is only running at ~6mb.

Has my up rate got anything to do with this as for some reason it is at 33.4dB margin...

WBC ADSL 2+Up to 22--21 to 23Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 22Up to 1.521 to 23Available
ADSL MaxUp to 7.5--6.5 to 8Available
WBC Fixed Rate2----Available
Fixed Rate2----Available
Other Offerings
Copper Multicast------Available

It appears that my line is suddenly on ADSL Max? Is this still because my line is adjusting itself? As I did receive a phone call last night informing me that my line is being switched to fastpath.

0 Ratings