cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
We5tyBoy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 22

Sync considerably lower since dropout yesterday!

I wonder is I could get one of the fabulous BT bods that lurk these corridors to take a look at my broadband.

I have had a very good line with few problems and for the most part I sync'd at above 1200/21000 kbps (translating to around 1.2/19MBps), at least that was until a recent line fault. I had a BT engineer spend the best part of a day trying to find a working spare to connect me to, apparently there are none and in the end he had to perloin a pair from some poor sod who hadn't paid his bill.

In any case, he did the job and the line noise stopped and I was able to get my stable Internet back again, albeit at a loss of aroiund 1MBps on the down side, up remained unchanged. I put this down to the different pair and just accepted the loss; though pretty annoying tbh.

So I had been syncing after the fault at around 1200 and close to 2000kbps iirc until yesterday when I had a dropout and several re-syncs and since then I cannot  get above  600/18459 even if i play with the Routers' SNR setting. It's stable, no line noise and I'm still on 'Fast Path' but the sync just plain refuses to budge.

Have I been rate limited or had a lower profile applied at the exchange for being a naughty boy and pushing my SNR too far or?

My connection is just getting worse and it's a real pain. I rely heavily on a good Internet connection.

I moved away from BT earlier this year, very briefly, but came back because the quality of the service was far better. This is no longer true!

Please, please would one of the guys/gals from BT who I know lurk here take a look at this for me?

Obviously I don't want to post account information in a public forum, but will happily provide ant details necessary to a bona-fide employee.

Please help!!!

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I don't use a BT Hub My current sync is 603 / 18459 kbps

DSP Firmware VersionA2pB025f.d22k
DMT StatusNo Defect
Operational ModeADSL2+
Upstream611
Downstream18479
SNR Margin(Upstream)5.9
SNR Margin(Downstream)1.7      (only because i have tweaked the SNR -4.5db)
Line Attenuation(Upstream)11.3
Line Attenuation(Downstream)20.0

PS: We apparently have FTTC in the village now, I've spotted a cab and BTW website confirms it's here, in some places. It's be great to know when I might be able to get it.

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 22

Re: Sync considerably lower since reboot yesterday

Hi Welcome to the community forums
Here is a basic guide to getting help from the community members done by CL Keith Please read through the link posted http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/speed/first_steps.html
once you have posted the information asked for then the community members can help you more

if using a hub 4 locate these lines located in the hub logs
Lines should look like this
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.460000) DSL noise margin: 7.00 dB upstream, 6.10 dB downstream
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.390000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 288 Kbps downstream

Thank You
This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 22

enter your phone number and post reults  remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
We5tyBoy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 22

checker.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 22

you will get problems with a noise margin that low you want a minimum of 3 dB preferably 6dB your sycn speed is above the wholesale estimate also no two pairs will perform the same
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 22

does not look like your cab has fibre or included in BDUK rollout - cabs 4,5 & 7 appear in rollout with cab 4 still waiting and 5&7 available

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 22

I would have expected your up noise margin to be in excess of 6db even when you get about 1mb conenction speed  I agree with john46 that the up noise margin is far to low

We5tyBoy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 22

Thank you, yes I realise that each pair is unique. exactly why I have been careful to gradually change, test for a period then change again.

This was my previous pair and it was like this without issue for over a year:

router 1.jpgrouter stats 07-09-2015.jpg

0 Ratings
We5tyBoy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 22

I'm gutted about my cabinet!

Even more so since my line has gone trash!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 22

you are trying to get too much out of your connection and it will only lead to more problems