cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 22

Re: Sync considerably lower since reboot yesterday

there is nothing wrong with the connection speed even at a 6dB noise margin there are many here that struggle to get a 1Mb connection
We5tyBoy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 22

john I here what you are saying, but the estimate has changed in as far as the download rate has been lowered from what it was.

Though it is still stating a 1.2 up which I'm not getting.

I'll put my SNR back to above 3 to please you, but it is not going to solve the issue that happened yesterday!

I want my old pair back!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 22

all you would achieve then is getting the problem you had to start
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 22

your old pair was noisy hence why engineer did a lift and shift even swapping pair from an existing line albeit customer late paying bill

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
We5tyBoy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 22

I hear what you are saying.

If I can get one line to hold on to a connection at 0.4db Down SNR Margin for at least a year, with no drops (other than power outages and forced reboots) then I'm sure going to.

Yes this is a different pair and I've accounted for that when I've been tweaking, it has been fine.

My bet is either a BTW engineer has gone a bit ham fisted in the cab or at the exchange and altered a connection or since it is billing time my pair has been knicked back!

Look I understand your point and I realise that I have little choice but reset my SNR to a "sensible" level, but it doesn't chnage that something external has happend in the last 48 Hrs which has degraded the quality of my line and it's potential and the profile has been lowered at the exchange..

Sorry if I sound annoyed, I realise this is not of your making and that my ranting is completely futile!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 22

The wholesale checker is now reflecting your new lines speed potential
We5tyBoy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 22

I meant the pair as it was before it developed a fault and had to be changed, it was an excellent line.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 22

I think the pair you have is the best the engineer could get bearing how he aquired it otherwise you would have been stuck with your existing pair that was the problem or another pair which were just as bad  in that sense you are lucky that line is quiet

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
We5tyBoy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 22

Just **bleep** shoot me, I've beaten my head against BT's wall enough. I'm just a guy trying to get a fair quality service and I know that it is never going to happen; at least not whilst BT's monopoly exists in less profitable regions!

Don't worry, I'm done wasting my time. I just wish there was an alternative, if there were proper competition then I'd be treated like a customer and not like a hypochondriac at the GP's.

Thanks for your time, I'll just have to sit and wait for the next inevitable fault and then when BT can't steal another line they'l consider upgrading its ancient failing network; or probably not!

We5tyBoy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 22

My sync has miraculously, partially, recovered:

Parameters
DSP Firmware VersionA2pB025f.d22k
DMT StatusNo Defect
Operational ModeADSL2+
Upstream1144
Downstream16763
SNR Margin(Upstream)6.3
SNR Margin(Downstream)6.3
Line Attenuation(Upstream)9.2
Line Attenuation(Downstream)19.0

Yet, I'm stuck at 14.5 down speed it seems, granted it's only been 20 hours since the improved re-sync', but I just wanted to ask if the line profile will uplift automatically or do I need to request intervention?

Thanks.

0 Ratings