cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chapi72
Contributor
Message 1 of 44

Terrible Speed

Hi, I moved to BT after really good service by another small provider who I always got 7Mbps from.

With BT the speed is shocking.

Nothing has changed at home and now I am getting as little as 0.41Mbps.

To keep the "support centre" in Inda happy I have got the "booster" and this has made little difference.

My exchange EACHY is less than 200M away. I have an open call with BT but it is just maked as a problem at the retail servers.

Any Ideas?

My router (not the HomeHub) shows

Upstream Downstream
Rate 448 8128
Max 996 10976
SNR 20 14.5
Attenuation 6.5 14

BT Wholesale speed test 0.48Mbps

I can't run the other BT speed test, it says the line is too slow!

This is the same Router that was working faultlessly before.

I am connected directly to the Socket and have no other telephony (e.g) SKY connected.

Thanks

Ian

0 Ratings
43 REPLIES 43
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 44

Re: Terrible Speed

can you please run this version of the bt speedtest http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ once the first test completes run the further diagnostics test and post back the results
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 44

Have you been resetting the router to try and improve your connection speed?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
chapi72
Contributor
Message 4 of 44

Here is the result

1. Best Effort Test:

Download Speed : 0.53 Mbps

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 44

By 'booster' do you mean the iplate/accelerator? This is only needed if you have extension sockets and removing the bellwire on terminal 3 in all sockets is more effective

Are you using test socket? If not have you tried test socket?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 44

Your profile is more than likely very low but without the diagnostic results you cannot be sure. It is only test that will show your profile

chapi72
Contributor
Message 7 of 44

Hi I haven't reset for some time

System up time:2 day(s) 00:54:09

0 Ratings
chapi72
Contributor
Message 8 of 44

Hi,

Yes the replacement faceplate.

I'll give the bell wire a go tomorrow.

I've had a go at the test socket, but get little better.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 44

What about before that? A few resets in a short space of time could have dropped your profile and it can take 3/5 days connected 24/7 to recover

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 44

You have max connection speed for adslmax so test socket may help if any line noise but won't improve your connection speed

0 Ratings