cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 21

Re: Thunder & Lightening storm hit pole - BT support extremely VERY poor.

Go to solution

looks like when setting up printer you have used the ethernet connection but you should select wireless and then select hub and input wifi password

you may need to start from resetting printer

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 21

Go to solution

Thank you for trying to help me. 

So do I download drivers again?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 21

Go to solution

I am getting this at the beginning - I select Repair/Update. Is that right?

GillyFB_0-1667225709765.png

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 21

Go to solution

Internet went down again this morning and phone line really crackly.   I am wondering if to not even attempt anything until BT have resolved issues here.  I haven't tried phoning as that will only increase stress.

My neighbour is still using his mobile and said he has been promised a call back today.  He is hopeful as he thinks it was a supervisor he was talking to on Sunday.

New Hub -

As I just couldn't get this printer to work - I am wondering is it easier if I put in cd that came with printer?  Also - I realise my HP Envy 5530 will not work - so could the CD be a quicker route with this also?

I do appreciate your help - thank you.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 21

Go to solution

I am so sorry to be a nuisance - but - wanted to give some positive update.

1. HP LaserJet P1102w - somehow download a different way and NOW!!! have wireless connection.  But - it calls my printer a P1102w_2.  Question is do I delete the first one or just leave well alone?

2. HP Envy 5530 - black ink has run out so control panel on front will not work. I have just ordered a new one so hopefully I will be able to continue getting this working again.

3. I have managed to link my TV up with Hub!😊

NOT!!!! Positive News!!!! 😒

3. My poor 88 year old neighbour has just phoned - no one has called him back.  He said he is getting in the car to go and buy a brand new mobile and just feels like burning all the BT equipment. 

I am at a loss to know how to help him. My phone line has interference on it - so - they could be still working on it. If only they could help the elderly.  He has phoned Age Concern and he said they said go online!!!  How can he???? 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 21

Go to solution

maybe you and your neighbour qualify here

https://www.bt.com/content/dam/bt/help/including-you/BT_Free_Priority_Fault_Repair_Scheme.pdf

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 21

Go to solution

Thank you - for that info. The Open Reach engineer suggested we ask. I really appreciate you are trying to help.

So, I did - even though my husband has a pacemaker, and it is linked to a mobile unit to hospital - does not qualify - plus I am here so he is not alone.

My neighbour, as far as I know, who is under the doctor and although he lives alone is mobile and still uses his car.  

I think the bottom line is all we are asking is to have good customer service.  One agent told me they had 500 calls lined up hence the 60 mins average wait.  Why not have a dedicated team that takes over as our complaint moves up the ladder.  In other words, we would not keep phoning to try and find out what is happening - if we are told this fault will take on average 7 days and it is still ongoing.

Plus, not to have text messages to say your line and internet is working!   Email (when sitting in a supermarket car park using their Free WiFi to say we have closed your case. 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 21

Go to solution

Good morning - back on line for ??? mins.

Landline last night crackling - but at least we had one.

Internet - on off.

This morning exactly the same - so got on here and don't understand if my list of reported faults is still ongoing or they feel all is completed and i am.

Loss internet again !!!  So back on - what more can I say.  If only communication was in existence. 

We have to seriously think about leaving BT and going for Satellite now.  I really don't want to but ......  I have to go upstairs to try and get a mobile signal or go outside. Can put up with that if I have internet connection.

I now will walk the 200 yards plus to my neighbour and see how he is.

Thank you for listening.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 21

Go to solution

Hi @GillyFB, sorry we've not been in touch yet. We've got your details in our queue and one of the team will be in touch very soon.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 21

Go to solution

Hi @GillyFB .

Thanks for taking my call today. I'm really glad the engineer was able to get this fixed for you. If you have any further problems please get in touch and I'll be happy to help.

All the best

David