Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Wcd
Message 1 of 4

Total broadcrap!

Hi all,

I'm slightly bemused and agitated at the moment.

I live in a rural village but the local exchange is a mile away, I live next to an air Base so that makes sense.

Bt infinity has been enabled in my area and my cabinet is showing as accepting order, however, I'm special.... I can't have it!

So, I'm offered something else, a package I've never heard of but line speeds are estimated. Aged at between 6 - 10mbps.... Great! That's definitely better than the sub 1mbps I currently get.

Fast forward 2 weeks, here we are, I'm sat with a brand spanking new HH5 and download speeds just tipping the 1mbps threshold. The uploads is also there... Activation date being yesterday.

Now I know there's a settle down period and I also knows the speeds should be volatile during that process. My speeds aren't. The upload tops the download every rime and BT 'S own speed test shows the line coming in at just over 1mbps.

So I'm slightly confused and want to discuss it, I call them.... Usual twaddle OF' I'm just doing line tests' etc.... 20 minutes later... Dead line.

There's no way I'm sitting in the queue waiting for another 45 minutes to be told the same thing and get no results.

In essence, somebody from this company needs to help me. My direct debit will be cancelled until that happens as I refuse to pay for a service I was promised that evidently and obviously cannot be delivered.

Phew... Rant over.

Merry Christmas people 🙂
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Wcd
Message 2 of 4

Re: Total broadcrap!

To add insult to injury I've just run a test whilst connected to bt fon. The speeds are 3 X faster.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

Hi Welcome to the community forums
Here is a basic guide to getting help from the community members done by CL Keith Please read through the link posted http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/speed/first_steps.html
once you have posted the information asked for then the community members can help you more

if using a hub 4 locate these lines located in the hub logs
Lines should look like this
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.460000) DSL noise margin: 7.00 dB upstream, 6.10 dB downstream
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.390000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 288 Kbps downstream

Thank You
This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

It must be someone elses BTFON. It cannot be yours as BTFON cannot be faster than the actual customer's connection. Even if it is a neighbours then it does show a faster speed is possible

enter your phone number and post results. Remember to delete your number. https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings