cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Trees

Hi, I have a broadband connection / speed issues due to trees tangled in the phone line. When I report the issue and a Openreach engineer visits they carry out a temporary fix but as soon as we get bad weather the issue occurs again. I live in a rural area and the trees which are the issue are growing on the road verge and are not on anyone's property, I've repeatedly mentioned the tree issue to BT but the Openreach engineers never cut the trees. Does anyone know how I can get BT / Openreach to trim the trees and fix the actual cause of the issue, we must of had about 10 Openreach visits now and it's becoming very frustrating. 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Trees

@MarkOrmondwrote:

Hi, I have a broadband connection / speed issues due to trees tangled in the phone line. When I report the issue and a Openreach engineer visits they carry out a temporary fix but as soon as we get bad weather the issue occurs again. I live in a rural area and the trees which are the issue are growing on the road verge and are not on anyone's property, I've repeatedly mentioned the tree issue to BT but the Openreach engineers never cut the trees. Does anyone know how I can get BT / Openreach to trim the trees and fix the actual cause of the issue, we must of had about 10 Openreach visits now and it's becoming very frustrating. 

@MarkOrmond  out of interest who own's the trees?  It may not be Openreach who can touch them. 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

if the trees are at the roadside then more likely responsibility of the local council and certainly not openreach

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 5

Fire off an email to the local council using the "Contact us" and explain the situation and the past problems to the relevant department. Obviously, they might be a bit tied up at the moment.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 5

@Carlushawrote:

Fire off an email to the local council using the "Contact us" and explain the situation and the past problems to the relevant department. Obviously, they might be a bit tied up at the moment.

Even if the trees don't belong to the council you're still as well to contact them, they could be subject to a TPO