Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ANDY_M_J
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Trying to upgrade from ADSL Max to ADSL 2+ - and issues with my IP profile

Hi

My exchange has upgraded to support ADSL 2+, but I'm still running at the same speed 6.7-7.1 Mbps as before the upgrade.

BT Broadband.jpg

Due to another (presumably unrelated) issue I can no longer run 'further diagnostics using the speedtest.btwholesale.com checker as the telephone number on the line was changed a few months ago and it seems the exchange was updated correctly.  Diagnostics will not run against the current subscriber number, but will run using the previous number, but this results in an error...

BT Broadband 2.png

My priority is to get my broadband running on ADSL 2+, but also completing the number transfer correctly would be useful too allow me to check if/when things arent running properly.

Some info from my Home Hub

BT HH 1.png

BT HH 2.png

Hoping a Mod on here can assist.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Trying to upgrade from ADSL Max to ADSL 2+ - and issues with my IP profile

Once the Forum Mods have read your post they will post an invite here, once you reply to them they will take personal ownership of the problem until resolved.

Do not send them a Personal Message as this is the incorrect contact method and cannot be properly tracked also the mod contacted may not be on shift for sometime and this will delay your help.

The forum mods normally reply within 3/5 working days after you have contacted them via their contact form
They will contact you personally by email or phone.

mod contact.JPG

Message 3 of 14

Hi ANDY_M_J

Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details and we'll be happy to look into this further. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
ANDY_M_J
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 14

Neil

Thanks - please ignore PM - should learn to read first act 2nd 😉

Contact and info sent via 'Contact Link' as requested.

AMJ

0 Ratings
ANDY_M_J
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 14

BT Mods this is still not fixed!  I am stuck on ADSL Max.

I had a call (voice mail message) on 22 July saying issue escallated to BT Wholesale as there's a problem processing the order to change to ADSL 2+.  I also got an email saying case resolved and I can reopen in 0 days if not satisfied.  BT Forum incident ref is 150719-***** and I can also see a fault logged on my BT VOL051-******** also closed (resolved) on 21/July. The call said I'd be contacted with an update, but as all cases closed/marked resolved I'm concerned that this has disappeared into a black hole.  If a BT Mod can please pick this up and advise if I need to raise a new fault or if the current is ongoing I'd appreciate it very much.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 14

please recontact the mod who helped you can you please also delete all reference numbers as they are personal to you
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 14

have you had contract from a mod after sending initial email or just helpdesk

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
ANDY_M_J
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 14

So over a month later and this saga continues.....

After the initial contact with a Mod I was advised the upgrade couldn't be processed due to a problem following a number change on the line not being completed correctly and BT Wholesale needing to fix it.  After some delays and my escalating through MoneySavingExperts 'Resolver' service I eventually reached the point at the end of last week where I was told I could order an upgrade. Tried to do that today and was advised by the BT support chaps in India that ADSL Max is delivering my contracted speed and all I should ever expect is max 7Mbps.  MSE Resolver escalation reaches the stage of contacting Gavin Patterson (BT CEO) tomorrow, but before I press that button, I'm hoping a Mod can pick this request up from afresh and arrange for the upgrade to ADSL2 (2+?)

Note : The original MOD  who kindly offered to assist went off sick and then I lost track of who I was dealing with - the incident has been closed as 'fixed' - I tried to reopen, but just got referred to the normal BT service contact number who gave me the response above.

Here's hoping......

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 9 of 14

Hi ANDY_M_J, 

Thanks for your post. I am sorry that this is not sorted yet. 

Your case handler Kevin is back in the office tomorrow and I have asked that he gets in touch to update you. 

Thanks,

OlgaC 

ANDY_M_J
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 14

OlgaC - Thank you.
0 Ratings