cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Unable to get fault fixed, left with sub 1mbps speeds

Go to solution

Hello, I have been on here before with the same problem over the last few years, please don't just respond with a request for a quiet line check or a load of stats from my router.

Over the last two months our broadband has gone from a moderately serviceable 3-4mbps to sub 1mbps, in other words we have lost 75% of our capacity.

We have raised faults with BT, they are continually closed with no resolution and a claim that the fault has been fixed and everything is fine, so we have to raise another. We now have a fault appeared suggesting we cannot make or receive calls, totally erroneous when we have complained about the broadband. I can't begin to explain the levels of frustration and disgust at the lack or service or any recognition of the deterioration of our "service". 

Can one of the moderators please come back to me to help get this sorted, many thanks!

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Unable to get fault fixed, left with sub 1mbps speeds

Go to solution

just an update on this as I have just received a text saying Openreach engineer will come next Monday, I will keep you posted.

I know that if the engineer comes in response to the "unable to make or receive calls" fault that has  been mistakenly placed by BT he/she will almost certainly refuse to look at the broadband which is the actual fault we raised. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @darylf,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I am so sorry to see that your speeds have dropped.

We need to look into this for you and find out what's happening. I've sent you a private message which you can reply to. It may take us longer than normal to get back to you (upcoming Bank Holidays) but we will do all we can to help you get this sorted.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

@darylf 

does your landline phone actually still work?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Hi, yes there is no problem with the landline at all, just the broadband speed has stuck, the last time this happened the engineer who came could find no faults and reset the line, speeds went back to normal, sometime last year and not had any problems until now. We have raised faults continuously for the last few weeks and they just get closed without any change to our service and without any engineer visits.  

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Just an update, had an openreach engineer appt for between 1 and 6 this afternoon, despite multiple texts over the last few days saying they were coming no one showed up, no call, no message, no apology, our situation remains the same.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Did you reply to the mods offer of assistance?  If so hopefully they will get back to you in next few days now holiday weekend is over

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Yes I did, DavidM suggested we leave it until after the engineers visit, I have updated him that the engineer didn't turn up so hopefully he will be able to see what has occurred, I was just keeping my forum post up to date and venting a little frustration!!

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Update: engineer has just been, tested the line and found no faults so reset the line and our broadband is now 4.92, not earth shattering but better than it has been by far.

Strangely the upload speed has gone right down, so time will tell how it will work out.

0 Ratings