Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 18

Re: Unresponsive internet and very slow upload

looks like the hh6 had a firmware update yesterday so reset may well help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
86rickard
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 18

Yes I noticed that too.

I went back over to the Home Hub and selected 2.4Gh only to broadcast.

Things were ok for a couple of hours and then I had netflix cut out and every device slow again.

I will try a reset but the 2.4 from 5 ghz option worked for a while. The reset will probably enable the 5ghz again. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 18

did you separate the 2 bands 2.4/5ghz just by moving switch?  many devices don't line the 2 combined

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
86rickard
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 18

Yes I switched and then completely turned of 5ghz... however the issue has started again!

I will move back to the test TalkTalk hub and see if my internet goes funny on that. If not my Hub is faulty and the next issue is (having paid through the nose for it) do i get a replcement ?? 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 18

I'd get a decent third party router.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
YourEIN
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 18

I agree. The BT Smart Hub has had, and continues to have, numerous issues although all are unacknowledged by BT.

I would recommend a good 3rd party router and change the settings to a BT login.

===========================================

1. Is hub in the right 'hole'? If you have a '2-hole' socket, put the ADSL cable into the small square hole...
2. Make sure you are connecting to the correct 'SSID' e.g. BTHub6-1234
3. If you 'work from home', use a business line, not a residential line.
0 Ratings
86rickard
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 18

Many thanks. I don't think I will bother with asking for a replacement even if I spent an extra £75 when ordering the BBC four months ago.

So far the TalkTalk box with BT login in fine but it's strength is poor. It's only. Spittle router.

What router would people recommend??
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 18

Billion 880NL r2 is reasonably priced
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings