cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 24

Upgrade to fibre failed, reversion to Copper also failed!

Go to solution

Here is the short story. March 2019 emailed by BT I could upgrade to fibre. Great! Original best speed on copper ADSL 4.5 DL 0.7 UL. BT promised min 14 Mbps DL for fibre  and estimated 16 to 23. On 26 March  BT switched us to fibre – and broadband failed. Occasional connections at about 1 Mbps, mostly nothing, yellow/orange hub light. Fast forward to 7 May 2019, BT advised we’d be reverted to ADSL (on 9 April 2019) as we’re 4Km from the cabinet so fibre connection for us won’t work. At least 7 engineer visits arranged (at least 3 times engineer failed to keep the appointment without any notice to us waiting at home) and still the best we get is about 1.3 DL - when it works at all. Why can’t BT / Open Reach get us back to where we were before 26 March. As requested by BT, have tried all the usual things at the house even  though, since everything at the house was fine before the switch to fibre, and nothing at the house changed, there seems absolutely no reason to play around with anything at the house. However, factory reset of the hub, rebooting the hub, changing the hub (by OR Engineer) – none of these things have made any difference. Absolutely desperate for BT to get us back to where we were before –  why should that be so difficult? 

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 24

Re: Upgrade to fibre failed, reversion to Copper also failed!

Go to solution

can you post hub stats  if hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information  if hh5 then troubleshooting then helpdesk

enter your phone number and post results remember delete number  https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

this show connection drop off over distance

FTTC speed graph.gif

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 24

Go to solution

Hi @BB-or-not-BB Welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm really sorry to read about the problems you've had with your broadband since upgrading to fibre.

I appreciate this experience has been very poor for you and it shouldn't take so many engineer visits to resolve, I think it would best if the mod team take a look at this for you so I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with us.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 24

Go to solution

Update. Open Reach engineer called out this afternoon (8/5/19) and said “we are too far from the cabinet for fibre to work and we need to ask BT to switch us back to ADSL”.  (He also left us with no Internet access at all. ) Since we were told exactly this over a month ago,  and were told that we had actually been reconnected to the copper ADSL on the 9th of April, I’m extremely frustrated that we seem to be going round in circles.  Surely somewhere there must be a record of the changes that were made to our broadband connection on the 26th of March when we were “upgraded“ to fibre and all that is necessary is to reverse those changes to  put us back to where we were?  Do the various engineers who have called out not have access to the notes on what their previous colleagues have found and recommended?  Please, please put us back to where we were before, before this failed upgrade to fibre. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 24

Go to solution

Hi @BB-or-not-BB  thanks for the update and sending over your details. It looks like the change back to ADSL completed but the records at Wholesale have not updated. I've picked up your details from earlier and am working to get an order with Wholesale to change you over to ADSL. I'll keep you updated.

Cheers
John

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 24

Go to solution

if you have not done so then reply to mods message and they will help you get your conenction back on adsl  it can take 2/3 days for mods tocontact you depending on current workload

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 24

Go to solution

Thanks John – that’s probably the most positive response I’ve had to my problem in the last seven weeks!  I look forward to hearing more from you as soon as possible.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 24

Go to solution
Thanks imjolly. I’ve already had two quick responses from moderators which is giving me some hope of a resolution. Fingers crossed. Thanks for your advice.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 24

Go to solution

Just had a call from BT who say they”ve now set up our package correctly and we will be back online within 24 hours. Fingers crossed. I’ll update again tomorrow or Thursday. Thanks to you all for your support.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 24

Go to solution

Hi @BB-or-not-BB  I can see that your case handler had picked this up again after the engineer visit and they have been in contact with you last night. They have issued the order to get wholesale to change you over to ADSL which is due to complete on the 14th (5 working days is the standard lead time for a change over order).

I trust all goes well once the change over completes and please keep the thread updated with your progress.

Cheers
John 

0 Ratings