cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gouledw
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 15

Re: Upgraded to Option 2 to get ADSL2+...not much change

Well that is strange... Your Hub is indicating you are currently connected using ADSL MAX (G992.1), yet the BT Speedtester results show that you are on ADSL2+ (G992.5) because of the upload speed being tested.

Have you tried restarting your hub recently? A quick restart I'm sure won't hurt, but your output power is that of what a ADSL2+ line should be. ? Ive never seen this before, perhaps your line hasn't been provisioned correctly, may be woth a restart of the Home Hub, and then if that doesn't sort it contact the Mods.

0 Ratings
Geoff93
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 15

The upload speed of 448 is the speed for ADSL max. ADSL2 and 2+ usually run higher. If the upload speed were greater than 448 then I would be suspicious.

It may well be that the exchange has been enabled but it can take time for each user to be upgraded as each user has to be moved individually to the new equipment.
0 Ratings
Icarus5000
Contributor
Message 13 of 15

I restarted my Home Hub a couple of times last night and again tismorning. Do you think it is worth reseting it by pressing the red button as opposed to the normal reset button..?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Geoff93
Recognised Expert
Message 14 of 15

Now that you have restarted it a couple of times in a short space of time I'd leave it alone for a few days. As I said earlier you are unlikely to benefit a great deal from the upgrade but restarting you hub too many times may reduce your speed.

Edit - also you noise margin is a little above the target of 6 and ADLS2 is more sensitive to noise issues and it has been known for those that are upgraded to loose speed.

0 Ratings
Quoth
Beginner
Message 15 of 15

Hi Tulip,

I ran the BT Wholesale checker and got the following (this was based on phone number, not address):

BT Wholesale availability check.JPG

So that is suggesting a level of service worse than I'm currently receiving?

When I was was looking into upgrading that speed checker on the BT site was definitely returning 12meg (I wish I had taken a screen grab!) and the sales person was quoting the same figures.

I can't but help starting to feel that I was duped into taking out a twelve month contract on the indication of higher speeds which, having taking the 'upgrade', do not appear achievable.   If I was going to only receive a higher upstream connection I don't think I would have bothered!

Regards,

Q

0 Ratings