cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Upgrading from Home Hub 6

Hi All

I'm considering upgrading from my Home HUb 6 to something else (maybe Nest or Asus AX) to try to improve my internet speed and improve my wifi speeds and stability throughout the house.

At the moment my broadband comes straight from the master socket into the home hub so no other modem in between.

BT claims 22-28mbps in my area which I usually get but wifi can be a bit hit and miss in parts of the house.

Does anyone have any suggestions or tips? things to avoid etc.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Upgrading from Home Hub 6

if you are getting expected connection speed with HH6 then I very much doubt you will get better connection speed.  you may or may not get better wifi coverage but with 3rd party modem/router you will certainly get more facilities

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 5

Thanks, the improvement to the Wi-fi coverage and stability is probably enough for me to push on with an upgrade. I assume that I connect the new device (best for example) to an Ethernet port on the home hub and use the home hub as a modem only?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

the hub does not have a modem only setting

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 5

Ok, so I can’t do it then I guess?
0 Ratings