Did you mean: 
Highlighted
tcpip
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 16

Uplink IP Profile seems stuck at 0.45Mbps

Go to solution

Hello,

I've had a few problems with my broadband over the past couple of months.  I migrated to Faster Broadband (too far from the cabinet for Infinity), but it was quite a bit slower than my old ADSL/2 copper broadband (~7.5Mbps vs ~11Mbps) - I've now been migrated back and have got my old line sync speed back ~11Mbps down and ~1Mbps up.

However, although my IP Profile for the downlink changes almost immediately, my uplink IP Profile seems stuck at 448kbps, significantly limiting my uplink speed - it used to work at ~1Mbps no problem.

Any ideas?  Do I just need to wait and be patient for a week or so (annoying as we had a power cut this morning, and are also having our electricity meter changed next week!)....

Download speedachieved during the test was - 8.23 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 4 Mbps-21 Mbps.
 IP Profile for your line is - 9.79 Mbps

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.69Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.45 Mbps

1. Product name: BT Home Hub
2. Serial number: 
3. Firmware version: Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11 (Type A) Last updated 09/07/15
4. Board version: BT Hub 5A
5. DSL uptime: 0 days, 04:50:55
6. Data rate: 1095 / 11095
7. Maximum data rate: 1084 / 11540
8. Noise margin: 5.6 / 6.9
9. Line attenuation: 17.0 / 40.7
10. Signal attenuation: 17.6 / 38.7
11. Data sent/received: 85.5 MB / 1.0 GB

Thank you

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: Uplink IP Profile seems stuck at 0.45Mbps

Go to solution
when did you change back to ADSL2+
0 Ratings
tcpip
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

Tuesday..

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

fortunately the 0.45mb profile is not restricting your upload speed which is 0.69mb

as only reset a few hours ago I would not do another reset so soon

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
tcpip
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

Thanks - just to claify, it's my upload speed that's the issue - download is back to as it was, and I'm very happy about that, it's just I upload quite a lot of photographs, etc. so a 50% reduction in upload speed is quite a pain for me.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

I have edited my post to show upload but typo as intention was obvious unless your download speed is only 0.69mbSmiley Wink

if your upload speed was restricted by the 0.45mb profile then speed would not be 0.69mb but would be less than the profile  The next  reset may well get profile back to 0.83mb

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
tcpip
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

I'm pretty sure the uplink is being throttled - it initially bursts above, but very quickly drops back to 0.45Mbps; I get the same when I'm uploading photos....

Anyway, I'll give it a week to see what happens....

Speedtest.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

I wouldn't wait that long - probably get 24hrs conenction time then give hub 1 reset and if that does nothing for up profile then post back and we can see if mods can help

0 Ratings
tcpip
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

Good morning,

No luck.  I looked this morning and it had been connected for 1 day 2 hours, but the IP Profile was still the same.

Restarted the home hub and the downstream IP Profile has adjusted a little, but the upstream is still 0.45Mbps.

Download speedachieved during the test was - 8.18 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 4 Mbps-21 Mbps.
 IP Profile for your line is - 9.54 Mbps

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.7Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.45 Mbps

1. Product name: BT Home Hub
2. Serial number: 
3. Firmware version: Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11 (Type A) Last updated 09/07/15
4. Board version: BT Hub 5A
5. DSL uptime: 0 days, 00:05:42
6. Data rate: 1103 / 10816
7. Maximum data rate: 1104 / 11376
8. Noise margin: 6.1 / 7.2
9. Line attenuation: 17.0 / 41.0
10. Signal attenuation: 17.5 / 39.3
11. Data sent/received: 0.1 MB / 0.3 MB

0 Ratings
tcpip
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

Out of interest I've also noted that the initial BT Wholesale Speedtest site gives me an upload speed of 0.00.

If I connect my same PC to my second (EE) broadband line (I have two ADSL/2+ lines [one BT and one EE], coming in over the same cable and both terminating on adjacent plates in the study), it shows an upload speed of ~0.93Mbps with an IP Profile of 0.83Mbps.

Very strange!

BT Wholesale Speedtest.jpg

0 Ratings