cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Musket
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Upload speed

Hi, My download speed is as good as I guess it is going to be at between 5 and 6meg but I want to make use of the sky drive and I find that I upload at only .3 meg is there any way to improve this

Tony

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Upload speed

check exchange here    is it 21CN enabled

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Musket
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

I Think the answer is "No" BT Wholesale information ADSL status: Enabled as of 28/02/2006 ADSL Max status: Enabled as of 31/03/2006 SDSL status: Not available 21CN WBC status: Not available FTTC status: Calendar Year 2014
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

as 21CN is not available there is nothing at this time to get an improved upload speed
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 13

as your exchange is not 21CN enabled you cannot upgrade to adsl2 so you are stuck on adslmax which has a max upstream speed of 448kbps giving upload speed of about 0.35/0.38mb

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 6 of 13

Hi Musket,

I'm afraid you are stcuk with ADSL Max and its maximum upload speed of 448Kbps.

What county are you in ?

Best regards,
dfenceman
Musket
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Thanks, I live in rural Herefordshire on the Pencombe exchange, maybe we will get fibre one day. Not holding my breath though.

Tony

0 Ratings
Guru
Guru
Message 8 of 13

Hi Musket

Your exchange (Pencombe) is scheduled to be FTTC & FTTP upgraded sometime in 2014 (a estimated date may become available more towards the time)

The exchange is being upgraded under the Fastershire BDUK scheme.

The Fastershire BDUK scheme has been set-up by Herefordshire Council and Gloucestershire County Council in partnership with BTplc (Openreach) and in association of BDUK and the EU to extend the rollout on-top of the "Superfast-Openreach" Commercial fibre broadband rollout.

As it is being rolled out, done and managed by Openreach as well being managed by Herefordshire Council and Gloucestershire County Council, BT Retail (a communication provider/ISP whom operates this forum) does not have much say as to when and if you will be able to get fibre broadband (FTTC or FTTP or equivalent) as that is up-to Openreach, Herefordshire Council and Gloucestershire County Council.

You can register for updates on the Fastershire BDUK scheme by going to http://www.fastershire.com/when-where/register

The Fastershire website is: http://www.fastershire.com/

You can tweet Fastershire at https://twitter.com/fastershire and you can also email them via info@fastershire.com if you want more information on the Fastershire BDUK project.

Cheers

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
Musket
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 13

Thanks very much for the update, 2014 that's not too far away. I appreciate your help.

Tony

0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 10 of 13

Hi Musket,

Glad to be of help.  jac_95 got to reply before I had a chance

You're right 2014 is not too far away Smiley Happy.  Unfortunately my village is scheduled to get SFBB between Sept & Dec 2015, although I am still trying to challenge Openreach's decision Smiley Frustrated.

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings