Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
solifugo
Message 1 of 3

Upload spped very slow

Go to solution

Hi,

Sorry, I know this is a common question and BT doesn't warraty a upload speed minimun, but Im starting to be very frustated about my upload spped.

Even my mobile with low signal upload speed is better han my BT line Smiley Indifferent

Anyway, I have gathered some info to try to determinate if something can be done:

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER

Telephone Number XXXXXXXXXX on Exchange LEITH is served by Cabinet 69

ADSL Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

Left in Jumper

Other Offerings

Availability Date

WBC ADSL 2+Up to 7--6 to 8Available--------
ADSL MaxUp to 4--3 to 7Available--------
WBC Fixed Rate2----Available--------
Fixed Rate2----Available--------
ADSL Multicast------Available--------

17:58:32, 14 Dec.( 85.950000) DSL is up
17:58:31, 14 Dec.( 85.030000) DSL noise margin: 27.40 dB upstream, 6.10 dB downstream
17:58:30, 14 Dec.( 84.160000) DSL line rate: 444 Kbps upstream, 7645 Kbps downstream

As you can see above, upload speed is only 444Kbps.. And as far I have tested, I never got more than 0.5Mbs... which is really frustating.

I cheched Openreach and they have been "Building" a new Fibre cabinet for months.. for sure more than months now.. so I can not make the jump :___(

Please, could someone give me some advises?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Upload spped very slow

Go to solution
You're on regular ADSL up to 8meg at the moment which unfortunately is limited to a max of 448kbps upload.

You just need to wait for the new fibre cabinet I'm afraid!
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
solifugo
Message 3 of 3

Re: Upload spped very slow

Go to solution

Sorry for the delay. I didnt get any notification of someone replying to this.. my bad.

I guess you are right, check on couple of friends connections and looks like is the usual speed... very frustating, but nothing can be done.

Thanks for your reply!!

0 Ratings