cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Using a 3rd-Party Router behind a BT Business Smart Hub using a Static IP

Go to solution

I pay BT for a static IP and I normally use a Draytek 2860n router in the building, with port forwarding for various devices.  For various reasons* I now need to connect a BT Business Smart Hub to the outside ADSL line and connect the Draytek to that.  This means that when inbound traffic hits the Smart Hub it needs to be routed to the Draytek and onward to the devices which must be accessible from the outside.

I have connected the Draytek's WAN2 port to Port 1 of the Smart Hub and I have set up the 'Internet Access' to have a fixed IP on the Smart Hub's network.  All my internal network equipment can now 'see' the Internet.

I now need to set up the Smart Hub.  I configured it so that the firewall is disabled and all the ports (except port 80) are forwarded to the IP address of the Draytek.

However, this isn't working and external devices can't seem to get through to devices plugged into the Draytek.  Note that all the routing worked fine when the Draytek was plugged directly into the ADSL line.

In effect, I'm trying to find out how to make the Smart Hub 'invisible' - so the Draytek thinks it's plugged into the ADSL line.

*The reason I need to do this is that after around 10 years of service the Draytek's 'VDSL/ADSL' port appears to have stopped working properly 😞

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Using a 3rd-Party Router behind a BT Business Smart Hub using a Static IP

Go to solution

@K1tty 

BT Retail do not provide static IP addresses, so you must be a BT Business customer.

This is the BT Retail Customer forum, so you need to post on the BT Business Forum.

https://business.forums.bt.com/

Someone there may be able to help.

0 Ratings