cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robyroy
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

VPN Connection from Home Hub 3

Can anyone help? I have recently changed to a BT Home Hub 3 having successfully used a Netgear router for many years.  I changed to get better wireless connectivity at home.  However, i can no longer connect to our office server through a VPN connection.  I used to connect over IPSec and it worked fine with the Netgear router but HH3 just won't accept the connection.  

I know from the forum that there are settings in the HH3 which probably need to be changed and if anyone can guide me through those, it would be appreciated  I have an Apple Mac at home (not that that should make any difference) and a standard Broadband connection (ie not Infinity).

Many thanks.

Robroy

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: VPN Connection from Home Hub 3

hi enter the hub manager on the HH 3 then click on a to z
scroll down and you will see VPN click on it then you can set up from there
0 Ratings
Robyroy
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

John,

Thank you for the information.  I changed the setting but unfortunately it made no difference.  The connection was just rejected when i tried to make it.  Any other thoughts?

Robyroy

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

sorry no normally that works for VPN's all i can suggest is retry your netgear
0 Ratings
Robyroy
Beginner
Message 5 of 10

I re-connected earlier so that I could access the office and the netgear is no problem at all.  I just don't get great coverage in my house.

Thanks for your help, all the same.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

hi this link may help you with your wireless issues http://www.cbeddoe.btinternet.co.uk/wireless/wireless_boost.html
Robyroy
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

Thank you.  I had seen that a link to that before and had thought about it as an option.  By the way on IPSec, the recent that it cannot connect is because of a 'Network Collision' in case that means anything at all.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

a Google search explains Network collisions to save trying to explain here
0 Ratings
Robyroy
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

Problem solved! I changed the DHCP range on my HH3 (to the alternative supplied by BT) and that has removed the problem.  So I can now connect directly to my office using the HH3, wiht the improved range.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

Hi glad you have now sorted the problem post back any time for any help
0 Ratings