Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drkdeath5000
Contributor
Message 91 of 94

Re: Very Slow Broadband Speed & Dropping Out

Go to solution

Yes connection has been excellent; no noise on the line, no drop outs or anything of the sort so far. The pings just keep spiking and as you can see each hop is pretty far apart so its not very consistent.

The only thing that stood out to me was the slightly high downstream noise as my previous line was always 6-8db.

I would put in a request to turn interleaving on but with it not being stable to start with i think that would just make things worse?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 92 of 94

Go to solution

as you are max connection speed for adslmax a higher noise margin in your case is ok and just gives more scope for better speed should your exchnage get upgraded for adsl2/2+

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
drkdeath5000
Contributor
Message 93 of 94

Go to solution

What do you reckon to the pings then, am i right in thinking they are a little high? I always consider anything over 100ms bad plus the results between each hop varies greatly. I'm used to seeing these results within 10ms of each other but my results are nothing like that as you can see. Also, what are your thoughts on getting interleaving turned off? I'm only 2 miles from the exchange but those pings are a little concerning to me and would probably make for a very unstable connection?

0 Ratings
drkdeath5000
Contributor
Message 94 of 94

Go to solution

Its been over 7 days now and my connection still isnt what i would call stable. Speeds are very varied, sometimes i'm getting 3mbps, others 5mpbs, and very rarely 6.5mbps. Pings are the killer as its making voip very difficult and especially online games, friends on skype say my voice stutters in online chat and i'm certain i dont have a stutter so it has to be broadband related. Pingtest.net is also reporting i have a lot of jitter (35) and the occassional 10% packet loss which indicates i dont have a very stable connection. The line is still quite (no noise) and i'm wired up to the router via a cat6 cable 10 feet away so its has to be something external.

0 Ratings