cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cerbfan
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Very slow broadband after line fault fixed

We've had a line fault for the past 2 weeks or so which caused us terrible crackling on the line. Prior to this we always had 4-5Mbps consistently, since having the line fault it dropped to 0.45Mbps. Today the fault has been fixed and the line is completely clear however we are still stuck on the same internet speed of 0.45Mbps. I've called the customer help line and they were completely unhelpfull and could not tell me what IP profile I am currently on (first they said it was a security issue!!) then they said they could not see. In reality I just don't think they had a clue.

Can anyone on here reset my IP profile for me please?

My current sync speed is now back up 4.906Mbps Down and 448Kbps Up (I have a BT Hub 4) so this points to me to it being the IP profile only at fault.

As well as the frustration of having virtually unusable internet we also have a signal booster that runs through the internet as we have no mobile signal in the house so it really is urgent we get it sorted as I've already missed 2 important calls because of not having a working mobile.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
cerbfan
Beginner
Message 2 of 7

Re: Very slow broadband after line fault fixed

Line stats

18:45:30, 06 Sep.( 91.220000) DSL noise margin: 22.00 dB upstream, 9.00 dB downstream
18:45:30, 06 Sep.( 91.150000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 5024 Kbps downstream
0 Ratings
cerbfan
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

BT Speedtest results

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download  Speed
 0.48 Mbps

0 Mbps0.5 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 0.48 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.05 Mbps-0.5 Mbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :5.02 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 0.5 Mbps

0 Ratings
cerbfan
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Anyone, anyone, Bueller?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

you just need to maintain a stable connection for 3/5 days and your IP profile will increase automatically and your download speed will also increase at the same time
0 Ratings
cerbfan
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

It's ridiculous that I have to wait when the issue was an obvious fault that has now been fixed. They should be able to force a reset on confirmation that the fault has been sorted out.

What happens if I get a power cut between now and the reset does the whole waiting time reset once again?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

yes the time would start again the process is fully automatic there is no point in trying a manual reset until the line is proved as stable as the IP Profile would just drop again so stability has to be first even though the forum mods can arrange a manual reset they need to see a 3/5 day stable connection and then there normal reply times are 3/5 working days by which time the profile would have reset any way
0 Ratings