cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Very slow broadband and awful landline quality

I have awful broadband speeds, and they are even worse now. The quality of my landline is also terrible - it barely works and is now worse than ever.

I have tried testing the broadband using the BT online tool, and the landline quality using same. Can't complete either because, ironically, the broadband speed is so slow. Was having an online conversation with BT, but when they tried to test the speed, they knocked me off broadband so I lost the conversation.  Turns out, they posted the fault as resolved, which it isn't. 

I need to work from home, as I am vulnerable to Covid. However, I can't because the broadband is awful and the phone line is awful.  Can't make a complaint - online chat is not available, the phone service is to be avoided and I don't see why I should have to write a letter. 

Aside from simply leaving BT, does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can change this situation?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Very slow broadband and awful landline quality

Ring them and the help team will take care of everything for you.
If your landline can make a call ring 150, if not use another phone or mobile and freephone 0800 800 150 

If your landline is faulty, it will impact your broadband.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

before phoning BT have you checked from test socket to see if the noise still exists confirming problem external and not a problem with your own internal wiring  if external then engineer visit is free but if the problem is caused by your internal wiring then there will probably be a charge of £85

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

I'm sorry I am not sure I understand what you mean. Test from a test socket? 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

see this post message 4  which socket are you using?

https://community.bt.com/t5/Landline/Internet-disconnects-when-telephone-rings/m-p/2062585#M71600

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings