cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gameruk74
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 17

Re: Very slow broadband for past few weeks?

Hi davidm  just to let you know the connection is not fixed its still the same as before, i dont see how profile changed as my connection never drops unless i disconnect it my self

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 17

Hi your profile has reduced because of disconnections remember it can disconnect when you are not watching the hub the disconnections can happen at any time of the day or night to quote your post "my profile is 7150 my connection never drops unless i reboot the router or disconnects its self if it disconnects itself" then that is the cause of the profile drop you need 3/5 days with no restarts or disconnections for it to rise

0 Ratings
Highlighted
MentalDepravity
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 17

i been having the same issues for close to a month now,meant to have a 1.3mb downspeed but right now its stuck at 200k.Occasionally it will jup bak up to 800kbut only foor a few hours once or twice a week.Funny thing is,the week be4 all this started my D/l shot up to just over 2.0mb

Tryed the mastersocket made no difference,all the wiring in my house is quite new.Foned bt they ran a series of 'checks' abd said my line was fine and im getting the speed im meant too.

My adsl stats usually say im getting 1200-1400kb's but thats not what i get.\My upload hasnt changed at all

Tryed goin on btspeedtester,it gets as far as telling me my profile is set at 135k(what i have had for 18months ) then after that it runs one test and then it gets some kind of error

might have to try a new modem/router see if that works,im getting nowhere foning bt 😕

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 17

@MentalDepravity

you would be better starting your own subject rather than getting replies mixed up with the originator.  if you do start a new subject please can you post the adsl stats from your router may need to 'show detail' to get all stats (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or use a-z, if netgear enter 192.168.0.1) and run btspeedtester http://speedtester.bt.com and post the results.

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
gameruk74
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 17

Hmm i keep an eye on the router stats i no for a fact it dont drop the connection for 2 months now i get less than what bt recommends for the connection if u go by there speed test site now it dont matter what time of day or at night its allways the same.

Only once in a blue moon i see my speed rise to 6.9meg but all the other times its well short its  0.5 meg.

Btw ive been speaking with bt on the phone and on live chat for the past 2 months and no one said to me that my profile was wrong and even the engineer that was here says there was no problems hes the one that told me that bt had slowed my connection and didnt no why and he was going to ask then to speed it back up.

This is just a never ending story am paying for something that i cant even get what am paying for even when i had isdn in my other house it was faster than what am getting now lol and thats saying something.

I wont be putting up with it much longer before i request my mac code and then contact ofcom as i defo not getting the service am paying for tbh.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 17

Hi sorry to say the only cause of an ip profile to drop are disconnections Nothing else will causE the problem
0 Ratings
gameruk74
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 17

lol well i have just found out that it aint the profile the guy that was looking into it says he got his wires crossed.

So it aint the profile just like i thought no disconnects.

0 Ratings