cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
lisamitch50
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 34

Very slow internet - no help from BT about to get legal help.

Since i have joined BT and had my "Up to 17mb line and phone" activated, i have had intermittent connections, slow to non existent upload speed (WHich we all know is very important) and **bleep** close to 56k (k not MB) download speeds.

Angry isnt even the word to suggest what i am now, i am way past angry, upset or even frustrated.

I now need action - BT keep telling me its fixed, or nothing is wrong, so after videoing all my speed tests i am about to go the legal route.

This is BT's last ever chance to sort this out.

https://youtu.be/SQPfdFCxe5M 

This link will show you just how slow the speed is.- Copy and paste to view as im sure these links will be stopped.

Line test (That i can do) shows most of the time the BT Wholesale site cant perform a speed test, 17070 #2 gives me noise and lots of it.

Im plugged into the router for all tests, the router is plugged into the main socket all the time.

When calling BT all wifi is off.

Only have one phone in a socket which has the adapter

Minimum speed guaranteed by BT is 1mps, the chap on the phone says 2mps (Paperwork says 1mps) still, between nothing and 0.12mps is NOT 1mps.

Then we have the upload speed - non existant most of the time, and less than 0.002mps on most other checks. 

Anyone who knows anything about internet and broadband knows that the upload is just as important as the download.

We also have the all important "Ping" 2167ms ping time is NOT good, less than 50ms is acceptable.

0 Ratings
33 REPLIES 33
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 34

Re: Very slow internet - no help from BT about to get legal help.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

How many visits have you had from Openreach, to resolve the problem?

0 Ratings
lisamitch50
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 34

One visit by an openreach person.

BT book the visit and clearly state "You will be charged when they find out its not the phone line fault" i tell them to go ahead, then each time (Twice now) they have cancelled the visit saying that the engineer found an issue at the exchange.

This has been going on too long and thursday will be the last time i call or contact BT about it and go straight to the ambudsman.

Money thrown at them by my wife and I for a service we can only use when they feel its ok to reset the line.

Dont think so.

If any BT person gets back to me or sends a link as you suggest, then it will be the same day i win the lottery.

Very strange that they cant even sort this out - Its a new house (Less than 6 months old) and the new phone line was put in a few weeks before the build finished. If its the line, then the BT connection box OUTSIDE MY HOUSE needs to be sorted too- Oh yes, and the fact we cant get fiber is another X in the satisfied box.

Shoddy sales, shoddy work and shoddy information.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 34

You should receive an invite from BT, on this thread. They will take ownership of the problem.

Its your best course of action to let them deal, as they are very good.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 34

Hi @lisamitch50,

Welcome to the community forum. I'm sorry that you're experiencing issues with your Broadband connection. I'll be able to take a look at your connection and run a few checks on your line. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
touareg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 34

Hi.. My story is very similar to yours.. absolute nightmare and as you put it so well. "i am way past angry, upset or even frustrated."
I will check your link because I feel like takking legal action too it's way past unacceptable

0 Ratings
touareg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 34

I get "404 not found" on your youtube link
0 Ratings
lisamitch50
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 34

Video is still up.

It took over 1 hour for me to even finish sending the last message on here - so it wouldnt shock me if you get an error message if your having the same issue.

As far as i can tell, i have had 3 different BT people "Look Into" the issue, all with the same outcome and answer- "Nothing wrong on our end, if the engineer comes out its £160 call out fee.  Oh actually i see you do have an issue, there all fixed".

Not fixed and same again next time i try and get online.

Yep have  ""Normal"" speeds for about 6hours after i complain each time, but then back to reality and no upload so cant even open a website, then decreasing download speed until less than 0.025kbps (Yes less than frigging dialup)

Either im being lied too by BT or my neighbors, (Dont want to say who i think it is) but no one else seems to have this issue!!!!

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 34

Hi @lisamitch50 and thanks for posting.

You've mentioned '17070 #2 gives me noise and lots of it'. Have you reported this as a line fault to 151? If not can you do that, don't mention broadband, and once the line is sorted the broadband connection will improve.

@touareg we've offered to help you on your Drastic Download Upload Speed Drop thread.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Steve1031
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 34

If you have a noisy line this will kill your broadband and that is what needs to be sorted out 

0 Ratings