cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

WHY USE A DRAYTEK ROUTER

Hi all we have just purchased a new house in a rural location.  We have not moved in yet as we are getting some work done.

Broadband is not great but looks like we can live with it.  BT are currently offering me Complete wifi - the previous owner was also a BT Customer but she was using a Draytek Vigor 2762n router.

Why use this and not the one BT supplies - sorry but I have no clue about these things - have always just plugged in and used the one BT supplies

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: WHY USE A DRAYTEK ROUTER

the draytek is just a router and needs a separate modem unless you have FTTP and something like this

ONT fttp_small_ont_2019.jpg

the drytek gives additional features which the BT hub does not 

.  if you just need internet and no QOS or more complicated parental controls then hub will be ok

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi thank you for your reply can you tell me what other features the Draytek would offer and what is QOS ?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

QOS  quality of service basically deciding if one connection should get a larger share of connection speed

just google the draytek router for specifications

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

I’d just like to point out that the Draytek 2762n is a fully fledged DSL modem/router so a separate modem is NOT required.

0 Ratings