Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
trevworsey
Message 1 of 3

What is going on with my BT broadband

Hi folks, 

I hope someone here can help as I am having terrible problems with BTs service, I have been on the phone all last week and have repeatedly scheduled called backs which never come through, I have also had a tech out and I still have problems.

On Monday my phone line started dropping out and the dial tone was dropping out.  I called BT and in 3 days a tech came and diagnosed that it was some wiring in the house and he replaced a junction box.  He left saying that the broadband would be fine and it was all fixed.  The next day I lost a dial tone again and ever since I have only been getting 0.15 mbs download and it is basically unsuable.  I recived a crypic text saying that my line was now working, and the dial tone is  back and strong, but still no real broadband.    I work freelance from home in digital media and am loosing a fortune while this connection is down.  I called BT back twice and they say that the line would be monitored for 24 hours, but no one called me back, I am now not sure if I am banded or it is still broken, the hub is holding a solid blue light, the phone line sounds good but still 90's broadband speeds.  This is my liveliyhood and I cannot afford to simply wait to see if it gets better???

I have 2 projects that need to be finished on monday and uploaded and am at the end of my tether, can anyone shed any light on what I should do.  my number is ********** if anyone is watching?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
_dreamer_
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: What is going on with my BT broadband

You need to edit out your phone number, you could have all kinds of people call you!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: What is going on with my BT broadband

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods

please delete your phone number as this is a public forum and you may get more sales calls than you want

if you use this residential line for fulltime business purposes then you should have a business line not residential.  you can then decide the service level aggtreement you want which would be better that residential which is 3 days

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the adsl stats from your router you may need to 'show detail' to get all stats (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or if HH4/5 then go to troubleshooting then logs and you are looking for 2 line together when hub last connected to internet and they will show your connection speed and noise margin or if netgear enter 192.168.0.1). Then run  btspeedtester  (MAC users may have problems). when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post the results ( do not reset the router).

are you connected directly via a filter to the NTE5 master or test socket or to somewhere else? Is the master the only phone socket in your home?

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

test socket.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings