cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mfjames
Beginner
Message 1 of 26

Where are the line stats on the Home Huib 4?

As the subject line says.

For over 2 weeks I have been trying to get BT to fix a connection issue -- for periods of 5 to 8 hours each day the broadband signal is swamped by noise, with CRC errors accumulating at over 50 per second, and I have no usable service. Their latest guess at a cure was to swap my HH3 for a new HH4.

So where do I find the line stats (SNR Margin, CRC errors etc.) in the HH4 so that I can check if it has made any difference? Nearly all the useful data has gone from the "Broadband" -> "Connection" page.

(So far, the only change I can see is that my connection speed has been dropped from the 7+ Mbps I got steadily for the last 5 years to just 3.5. "Unimpressed" doesn't even begin to cvover it!)

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 26

Re: Where are the line stats on the Home Huib 4?

the stats are no longer there i am afraid
0 Ratings
mfjames
Beginner
Message 3 of 26

That was the wrong answer! The question was where are they.

There is absolutely no reason to hide or remove them, except to prevent paying customers diagnosing a connection problem and so complaining to BT. It's the equivalent to removing the fuel guage from a car to stop motorists complaining about poor fuel consumption.

Assuming that BT can still get at this information themselves, how do I get hold of line stats taken at 30 second intervals over 48 hours, so I can see if changing the router has made any difference?

(Sorry this sounds like a rant, it isn't personal I assure you. But I've just about had enough of indifference, buck-passing and out-and-out lying about the service I am paying for, but no longer getting. I no longer trust or believe anything BT support staff tell me.)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 26

BT have not made the normal stats available to customers unlike previous hubs.

I like john46and other posters apart from the mods are customers just like you and NOT BT support staff

There is a live chat on the hh4 tomorrow on the forum why don't you voice your opinion like other customers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 26

infinity users have never had them since the HH3 least of all the HH4 as they are locked in the Openreach modem not the hub for whatever reason it has been decided not to make them available as posted join the live chat and ask for your self
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 26

But as there is no separate modem with adsl does that mean there re no diagnostic stats or there are in he hub just BT are not allowing access - question for tomorrow

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 26

as far as i know only connection time and connection speed are shown unlike the previous hubs and i think interleaving status is shown in the help-desk section
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 26

Here ya go. This is ALL you now get on an ADSL connection using a HH4:(

(far right is the hell-p desk)

Thats all..PNG

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
Tags (1)
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 26

thanks DS a good help
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 26

No probs John;)

My gut feeling is BT have used the same firmware as the infinity hub set up, hence why they're missing.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings