cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
lauramfirth
Beginner
Message 11 of 27

Re: Who is responsible for BT in Northern Ireland? And how do you get them to do an anything?

Hi Janette, unfortunately no resolution yet. I've honestly just lost the will with it. I was talking to Sky the other day and they told me that the issue was there were no broadband ports left at my local telephone exchange, and that it was in a schedule to be upgraded. But that's the only time I've been told that so I've no idea if it's correct or not. Either way, still no internet connection at home and still not able to get to the bottom of who can help - BT Ireland, BT UK, BT retail, BT wholesale, Open reach. It's just a nightmare. No one cares about the customer in all this.
0 Ratings
redj
Beginner
Message 12 of 27

Re: Who is responsible for BT in Northern Ireland? And how do you get them to do an anything?

Oh my goodness, I thought I was bad waiting 8 weeks, have you had to deal with this for 6 months??

I don't understand how it can be this difficult just to get internet installed. Why do they even install fibre straight to your home if it can't be connected up!! It's ridiculous!! 

Yes, BT customer service is of no help at all, all I get is "we are waiting on openreach, we can't give you any timescale at all" and Openreach are as bad as they just say that they aren't even the ones dealing with it, it's BT Ireland. It's ridiculous in this day and age to have this level, or lack thereof, of service

I was told earlier by BT that the problem was that Openreach couldn't get people in Northern Ireland with the expertise to deal with the fiber connections, but I've been told that many stories now that I don't know what to believe either!

0 Ratings
lauramfirth
Beginner
Message 13 of 27

Well it's actually been since July 2017, so closer to 9 months now. I've had email after email from Openreach, BT UK, BT retail, BT WHolesale, BT Ireland, BT, etc and apparently not one of these organisatons are responsible for the provision of Broadband or can tell me who to contact. They just refer me back to one of them and it's just a big circle. Sky were the only ones who raised the telephone port being full, so maybe that is the real issue. But who can know for certain?

The infrastructure in Northern Ireland is appalling and no one cares. There was a government white paper published to allow better broadband for rural areas, and it's a load of nonsense. It's not a priority for anyone. It's a huge equality issue and one that impacts the entire community. 

0 Ratings
clarefp
Beginner
Message 14 of 27

Hi David

I am having same issue, Openreach say it's BT Ireland and I cannot even find a suitable phone number to call for BT Ireland....?

Please advise.

thanks

Clare

0 Ratings
clarefp
Beginner
Message 15 of 27

Hi David

i am having same issue, is there a BT Ireland number I can call as I dont see anything suitable on their site?

thanks

Clare

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 27

Hi @clarefp,

Can you tell me exactly what you need help with please? I'll see if there's anything we can do to help you as your provider.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
LB7
Message 17 of 27

I am having exactly the same problem with a new build property stuck between BT Openreach who refer me to BT Ireland and vice versa. Neither of which will speak to me as they refer me back to provider. I'm really anxious having read these o posts.

0 Ratings
clarefp
Beginner
Message 18 of 27

Hi Daniel

BT - they wont even let me order fibre on their website

Sky - I placed an order for fibre which after a month got cancelled and they told me I had to go to BT

I tried emailing Openreach and they told me to contact BT Ireland and I have sent an email but got no response and cannot find a suitable tel no to try!
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 27

Hi @clarefp  Will you put your address in When Can I Get Fibre  to see what stage Openreach are at and if they are at the accepting orders stage.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
clarefp
Beginner
Message 20 of 27

Hello. my address isn't list as it's a new house but my neighbours addresses on either side come up as accepting orders
0 Ratings