cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wiggle987
Beginner
Message 1 of 15

Wi Fi Connection Drops Out At Specific Times For Long Durations

Hi, so i've been a BT customer for a couple years now, and i've always been having problems with the Homehub routers, i'm currently using a Homehub 2 and every evening, without fail, from around 11pm until sometime in the morning, none of my wireless devices can connect (phone and xbox 360). It works fine during the day and my ethernet connection is fine but i'm finding this more and more frustrating as i've trawled over the web finding soultions such as performing a factory reset, switch from WPA/WPA2 to WEP, switch to just WPA, change the channel to 1/6/11 and nothing seems to work, I still lose connection late evening and I'm at a complete loss. I've had two homehubs prior to this and the same issue with both, however all 3 of the homehubs ive had were not like this when new, they all worked fine for a half year to a year.

Does anyone have any suggestion on what to do as i'm tearing my hair out trying to get to the bottom of this.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: Wi Fi Connection Drops Out At Specific Times For Long Durations

Hi you could check two things on the hub

1 check the acess controls are notset to come on during this time in the hub settings
2 you are not set to power saving mode as this will turn off wireless during it's power down period
0 Ratings
wiggle987
Beginner
Message 3 of 15

Some good suggestions, but nope, both of them are disabled on my hub manager. 😞

0 Ratings
Guru
Guru
Message 4 of 15

When the wifi drops out can you connect to the internet by ethernet? 

If it is a wireless problem and not a broadband connection problem the visit: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13904/c/346

If you have a HH3 and have smart wireless enabled then try this:

1. Enter http://bthomehub.home in your web browser
2. If this is the first time you have visited the Hub Manager you'll be asked to change the password.
3. Click on Settings and enter your password if required.
4. Click on Wireless.
5. In the Wireless Channel section click on Refresh.
6. The Hub will check the wireless channels and after about a minute will have chosen the best one.

Cheers,

James

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 15

can you download this programme insidder2.1 then turn off smart wireless and select a channel that is not in use smart wireless is not as useful as many have found because all hubs try and use them making it more trouble then it is worth
0 Ratings
wiggle987
Beginner
Message 6 of 15

Tried InSSIDer but I can't get into it as I use a ethernet connection to the router and don't have a wifi card on the computer.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 15

in that case why are you worrying about wifi drop outs
0 Ratings
wiggle987
Beginner
Message 8 of 15

because I can't access the Wifi on my xbox or htc desire, like I said in the initial post.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 15

xbox would be better off on a wired connection as gaming on wireless is never reliable at what times of day do you lose wireless ?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 15

Did you check the power saving options as John suggested?

0 Ratings