cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

adsl copper telephone pole black box

i live in a forrest.. middle of no where my landline and adsl constantly cuts out when we have heavy rain ,,, open reach has done evrything apart from replacing th telephone box on pole every year is the same prob...  coroded termials... now i have asked them to replce it and ofcoure being a water prob with a 20 year plus same box with rubber seal to prevent water getting in i was told by a cough cough so called engineer the box does not have a water tight prventi ative seal...... well you just found the problem of corded terminals..... well nastaly was told it has nothing to do with it... by the way iam a mechanical engineer???? but they know best..... anyone else has had same fault..

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: adsl copper telephone pole black box

@popeye11100 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

Are you a BT Retail customer?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

The OP is a Mechanical Engineer. 😆

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

yes sir 20 years with bt

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

@popeye11100 

I have asked a moderator to look at the fault history of your connection.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Hi, @popeye11100 welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you've got a fault with your line. I'll send you a private message in a moment and we'll be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks

Neil 

Message 7 of 8

hello sorry for late reply i hav stage 2 bipolar and bt is causing me unwanted stress !!! now its been raining on off big time and guess what broadband n landline doing its usual !!! tripping my line from 3mins to 1hr fed up
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Hi @popeye11100 and thanks for posting.

I'm really sorry this hasn't been sorted yet. Please reply to the private message I've just sent you and we'll look into this for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings