cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fornowagain
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 19

bRAS profile stuck - Possible to get a reset?

Go to solution

Hi I've had a stable ADSL2+ EOL (500m) connected since the exchange was upgraded. Always managed to download over 16+ Mbps. Syched over 19000kbps, 17Mbps profile for years. Last week the line developed a fault, no dial tone and the adsl would drop every few minuutes. 6 days ago a line Engineer came out and found a fault in the junction box at the house. Once the line reconnected it synched downstream at 14335kbps and is now stuck on this banding. I used to be able to tweak the connection db with my modem to change the synch a bit but it won't change at all. It's been permantly connected, no dropouts for over 4 days, I was hoping it would reset. Is it possible for a mod to reset the profile? Many thanks.

Download speedachieved during the test was - 12.29 Mbps

For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 4 Mbps-21 Mbps.

IP Profile for your line is - 12.65 Mbps

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.96Mbps

Additional Information: Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.83 Mbps

ADSL Firmware Version DG834T A2pB023o.d20e

DownStream Connection Speed 14335 kbps

UpStream Connection Speed 1191 kbps

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream

Connection Speed 14335 kbps 1191 kbps

Line Attenuation 20.0 db 9.7 db

Noise Margin 10.9 db 6.3 db

P.S. Do I post the telephone number etc?

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: bRAS profile stuck - Possible to get a reset?

Go to solution
You are on ADSL2+ and your IP profile is 88.2% of your connection speed this is fully automatic the only way to increase your IP profile is to increase your connection speed

you are not banded just leave the connection alone and given time your connection will improve automatically
0 Ratings
fornowagain
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution

Is see that, but adjusting the db always enabled me to change the connection synch a bit either way. No matter what I set it won't move anymore.

I read that 21CN adsl2+ upper band was 14336. And I'm now at 75% of the speeds I've had at least 6 years? How long should I wait? What kind od speed should I get with these stats? Sorry for all the questions, but I rely on the connection for business and it's crawling.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution
it can take up to 10 days of stable connection before any change of speed may happen as your noise margin is higher than normal due to your line fault as to your connection crawling there is nothing you cannot do with a 12Mbps download speed as to relying on your line for business use it is only meant for residential use not business purposes and they would not provided any compensation for business use
0 Ratings
fornowagain
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

Ok bear with me, the line fault was repaired then the synch dropped from 19kbps after the modem was cycled a few times.

"noise margin is higher than normal due to your line fault" Sorry for all the questions I'm a bit confused how it works, will the noise margin change at the exchange? Or is it likely I'm now stuck at this lower speed even though it was repaired? Should 10.9/20 db be better that 12Mbps?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution
Once dlm is happy your noise margin will reduce and your connection speed increase
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution
your line attenuation 20dB will not change only the noise margin a 10.9 dB noise margin will give you around the speed you currently have as posted once the DLM sees the line as stable your noise margin will decrease to the default 6dB and your connection speed increase
0 Ratings
fornowagain
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

Ah ok got it, thanks.

So nothing can be done, just wait.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution

If you line is now fixed and there is no noise on quiet line test then maintaining a stable connection will result in dropping of noise margin down to normal 6db with your speed increasing 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
fornowagain
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply. I've done 17070 option 2 and can't hear anything, no pops crackles etc.

It's been up 100 hours, so just wait some more?

0 Ratings