cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nikimunday
Aspiring Contributor
Message 31 of 51

Re: broadband speed a 1/3 of normal speed this weekend so far

Thats a shame as virgin have already cabled here now and probably will take the custom if openreach dont upgrade that cabinet.

Anyway so is it possible that weather affects my broadband or just a coincidence?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 51

It's very unusual for virgin to lay any new cables - you must be fortunate

yes it is quite possible for your connection to suffer everytime it rains - problem is finding where rain is getting into connection.  You need to get an engineer visit but problem is getting visit when raining

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
nikimunday
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 51

Well as I said its a new build house and were moved in before openreach laid cables. I was here when that happened and remember when they had the boxes underground open ( like a inspection cover ) and it was full of water and the engineer said it was normal and they used to be built with sumps but not anymore. But the cables and junctions were in water for sure.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 51

Did you try the quiet line test?  If there is a water problem causing your internet problem then I would expect noise on your line

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
nikimunday
Aspiring Contributor
Message 35 of 51

Line test sounded very quiet, no noise I could hear.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 51

in that case does sound like water ingress to the cables it needs an engineer visit but as imjolly posts really when it is raining all you can do for now is hope the water starts to dry out naturally
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 37 of 51

The only thing which you have not ruled out is a faulty filter and I would try a new filter before I got an engineer visit just in case that is the problem as it would be an expensive new filter at £129.99

0 Ratings
Highlighted
kenkyle236
Aspiring Expert
Message 38 of 51

Hmmmm the op seems to be getting the PPP LCP Send termination request [User Request ] error that many others have been getting on the BTHomehub 5. I've also been getting these errors,cam on ADSL, have had the Homehub4, now have the HomeHub 5 and have had engineers come over saying that my line is ok, but I've been I contact with the mods and they have sent another line engineer for this week, I will update you with how it goes, but what I think is that your line could have a fault somewhere as that is what I have been told for my situation.
0 Ratings
nikimunday
Aspiring Contributor
Message 39 of 51

How many filters should I have got with my hh4? I only found the one.

I think its totally possible its water. As said the chamber was full of it when the cables were laid and its been raining a lot lately. So maybe the last time the speed dropped down and it was raining hard that weekend too was not a coincidence.

Would still love openreach to come upgrade the one and only cabinet in our town that hasn't been upgraded. Its annoying as were on the edge of the new development and the old building next door has infinity as they are connected to a different cabinet.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 40 of 51

There are other posts on the forum where the problem was water ingress just as you describe but it was also causing problems with the phone as well.

there are also posts on the infinity board just like yours regarding the street cabinet and why it was one of t.he ones not upgraded but openreach do not respond any longer to the previous nga enquiries

0 Ratings