cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 47

Re: broadband speed limited to 1mb

Hi @AandG,

Can you run a speed test and post the results so we can check if there is any improvement?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
AandG
Contributor
Message 12 of 47

Latest test results - we are definitely over the 1Mb at last!

The download speed varies, but never goes over 1.99, upload always seems to be low, sometimes zero, and the ping varies from zero to over 200.

download speed : 1.39

upload speed : 0.15

ping : 101.63

Whilst I am delighted that our internet is now capable of internet browsing, it is still not fast enough to stream video.

When I originally received my BT order confirmation email, in the broadband section it says -

"Your broadband will start by midnight on: 20 Apr 2016

Want to get online before then? You can use BT Wi-fi now. All you need is a BT ID. See 'About your broadband' below for more.

How fast will it be?

We estimate your speed will be: between 3Mb and 5Mb."

Thank you for your help so far......Alix

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 47

can you post hub stats similar to message 2

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
AandG
Contributor
Message 14 of 47

I'm sorry - I can't remember where I found them! Have had a look in the hub manager, but can't find them?
0 Ratings
AandG
Contributor
Message 15 of 47

Found this in the Performance test? Should it be limited to 2Mb?

ScreenShot_20160726162452.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 47

For stats try going to hub manager then troubleshooting then helpdesk and post stats

your profile is based on your connection speed not the other way round so need to see stats to see your connection speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
AandG
Contributor
Message 17 of 47

Thank you - here they are...

bt.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 47

stats show adslmax with connection speed of 2560kbps and the correct profile for that speed is 2mb

0 Ratings
AandG
Contributor
Message 19 of 47

Thank you.
0 Ratings
AandG
Contributor
Message 20 of 47

Sorry, I don't really know what this means? Before moving to BT we were able to stream video from iPlayer, and did not have much reason to test the speeds, but we are unable to stream now.
0 Ratings