cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 47

Re: broadband speed limited to 1mb

are you trying to do it with ethernet cable or wireless?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
AandG
Contributor
Message 22 of 47

I've tried both with similar test results.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 47

the btspeedtester results you posted previously show a good download speed for your 2mb profile

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
AandG
Contributor
Message 24 of 47

But why was I told to expect between 3mb and 5mb by BT when my order was confirmed?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 47

these figures as they say are only esitimates

can you post some stats for me by going to humanaher then troubleshooting the logs/wan and you are looking for 2 line together which show your connection speed and also your noise margin  the lines will be when hub last conencted to internat so from stats you already posted probably be about 7 days ago unless router has reset since yesterday

just trying to see if noise margin higher than normal 6db giving scope for a bit more speed

0 Ratings
AandG
Contributor
Message 26 of 47

Is it in here?

bt.png

0 Ratings
AandG
Contributor
Message 27 of 47

Sorry, I've found the log now - just searching through....
0 Ratings
AandG
Contributor
Message 28 of 47

12:30:46, 20 Jul. ( 74.110000) DSL noise margin: 17.00 dB upstream, 6.10 dB downstream
12:30:46, 20 Jul. ( 74.050000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 2496 Kbps downstream
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 47

Thanks. That is the 2 lines

i was hoping that noise margin would be higher nearer 9db which would have given scope for more speed as noise margin dropped back to 6db but it is already about 6db

0 Ratings
Shush41
Beginner
Message 30 of 47

Hi,

I had a similar problem where my speed was stuck at 0.2mb/sec. It was because I was switching my hub on and off several times a day. That made the line think there was a fault so dropped the speed and got stuck there. I had the slow speed for several months but did not have time to speak to BT support. 

BT does not make it clear on their starter info pack  that the hub needs to on all the time. I only found out this out by doing seraches for my problem.

Anyway, the  resolution was the open reach engineer came and did a HARD RESET on the phone line itself and magically I was back to an average speed of 10 MB/sec.

I now leave the hub on all the time.

I hope this helps

0 Ratings