cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AandG
Contributor
Message 31 of 47

Re: broadband speed limited to 1mb

Thanks Shush, but the router is always on, so I can safely rule that one out.....

0 Ratings
AandG
Contributor
Message 32 of 47

Getting very tired of the blue spinny thing!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 33 of 47

the mods have managed to get you moved to adslmax from the 1mb fixed connection but from stats you have posted you are a long way from the exchange and there is nothing in stats that suggests you are goiing to get much faster conenction speed than  you curently have

your profile is correct for your connection speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
AandG
Contributor
Message 34 of 47

I am very grateful to the mods for this, I actually acheived a massive 2.51mbps on a BTW test today (if only it would stay as high as this!), but still only getting 0.34 - 0.36mbps upload.

The internet is a lot less frustrating to use, and we can almost watch streaming video now, but uploading photos can be a hit or a miss.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 35 of 47

your up speed is 448kbps which is the max for adslmax so your upload speed is what I would expect and about as goos as you will get on adslmax

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
AandG
Contributor
Message 36 of 47

Not even enough broadband to open the speed test this evening!
An engineer told us that we can expect lower speeds when the five other houses on my road are occupied and using the internet. If this is the case and we share the connection, then perhaps we should be sharing the cost too, rather than each being charged for an insufficient service.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 37 of 47

you and your neighbours do not share a connection you each have your own line to the exchange
0 Ratings
AandG
Contributor
Message 38 of 47

Why, then, does it vary so much?

0 Ratings
AandG
Contributor
Message 39 of 47

Download speed in latest test - 0.00mbps!
0 Ratings
AandG
Contributor
Message 40 of 47

....from the dizzying speeds of 2.51mbps to zero - I wish I'd known I would be unable to watch streaming video when I changed to BT. 😞
0 Ratings