cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gmac123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

broadband speed

can anybody shed some light as to why my line which according to bt supports up to 24meg i seem to be capped at a speed of 8meg according to bt that is the fastest they can supply to me. i live 200yds from the exchange am on an exchange only line so no street cabinet to slow things down.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: broadband speed

check your exchange - is it 21CN enabled 

check exchange

cam you post stats from your router

can you enter your phone number and post results  please delete number before posting https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
gmac123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

exchnge is 21cn enabled

dont know how to post results from line checker

but it says wbc adsl2+ downstream rate up to 8 mbps downstream range 3.5 to 17.5mbps

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

just copy and paste the results into the reply box
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Can you post adsl stats from your router

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

If you are only 200yds from exchange then speeds from the checker appear low

0 Ratings