Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
b1gjon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 31

broadband speed

My broadband speed is seriously slow, between 0.3 and 0.8Mb

The contract states garanteed minimum speed 1Mb which I never see.

paying for up to 20Mb . Have had engineers out who state that the

line can omly support 1Mb, I believe the speed has been misrepresented'

and that I should be able to leave the contract with no penalties but BT

see it differently and say range is 0 - 2Mb, but  ascontract states the guaranteed speed as 1Mb??

The help desk is an utter waste of time and they refuse to give me a contact in the UK to speak with.

They  have even hung up on me. Any ideas on this?

0 Ratings
30 REPLIES 30
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 31

Re: broadband speed

Welcome to this user forum.

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

Which BT Home hub do you have?

Also see Complaints about slow broadband speed

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 31

can you post stats from your router

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

are you using test socket with a filter

try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
b1gjon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 31

CHECKER WILL NOT LOAD, QUITE LINE TEST IS AS SHOULD BE WILL TRY TO GET THE ROUTER INFO

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 31

checker link is working can you try again as that will give what is available to you and likely speed range

think you cap lock stuckSmiley Wink

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
b1gjon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 31

Help | A-Z home settings advanced_settings troubleshooting Help and Advice Helpdesk Event Log Information for Helpdesk agents When contacting the BT Broadband helpdesk, the agent might ask you for details about your BT Home Hub. This page contains all of the information they are likely to request. 1. Product name: BT Home Hub 2. Serial number: +068543+NQ50317574 3. Firmware version: Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.236.1.2 (Type A) Last updated 13/07/17 4. Board version: BT Hub 5A 5. DSL uptime: 0 days, 01:21:48 6. Data rate: 447 / 1152 7. Maximum data rate: 524 / 1360 8. Noise margin: 9.4 / 6.9 9. Line attenuation: 40.8 / 65.1 10. Signal attenuation: 40.6 / 62.3 11. Data sent/received: 620.4 MB / 9.9 GB 12. Broadband username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com 13. BT Wi-fi: Yes 14. 2.4 GHz Wireless network/SSID: BTHub5-8QTK 15. 2.4 GHz Wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 144 Mb/s)) 16. 2.4 GHz Wireless security: WPA2 17. 2.4 GHz Wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless) 18. 5 GHz Wireless network/SSID: BTHub5-8QTK 19. 5 GHz Wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 a/n/ac (up to 1300 Mb/s)) 20. 5 GHz Wireless security: WPA2 21. 5 GHz Wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless) 22. Firewall: Default 23. MAC Address: 44:e9:dd:5b:71:2c 24. VPI/VCI: 0 / 38 25. Modulation: G.992.3 Annex A 26. Latency type: Interleaved 27. Software variant: AA 28. Boot loader: 1.0.0 BT Home Hub 5 (Type A) | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.236.1.2 | Last updated 13/07/17
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 31

so from the stats you have a connection speed of 1.15mb which is about your BT estimate of 1mb  the figures given by BT are connection speeds not download speed which no ISP will guarantee

0 Ratings
b1gjon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 31

for some reason I cant copy the checker results is there any info I can send if I write it down here?

0 Ratings
b1gjon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 31

So is the router slowing the connection speed from over 1Mb to what i see on the Bt speed check ?

0 Ratings
b1gjon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 31

can you tell me where you see the 1.15Mb?And thanks for your patience.

0 Ratings