cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 17

Re: broadband was 4mb now between 0.5 and 1.0

Go to solution

almost certainly if your neighbours are on sky or talk talk they will not be affected as they do not use the BT Wholesale network once the BT wholesale speedtest, further diagnostic's part is run that is stored on the wholesale servers this information is used to plan network capacity upgrade's this link explains more particularly the section on Virtual Paths http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/equip.htm 

they can also be on different VP's that are not affected

0 Ratings
zinnia48
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 17

Go to solution
The real question is how do i get the service i am paying for, please dont say bt only promise UPTO 4 mb, they are happily stealing my money, with noone i can talk to, trapped in a 12 month contract

If i did 10 bt line tests everyday would someone notice the poor download soeed and do something about it
Have you any suggestions to get some redolution to my problem
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 17

Go to solution
you have to wait while BT Wholesale upgrade capacity doing more than one speedtest will not help as only the last test run is stored on Wholesales servers

BT are not stealing your money as their speeds quoted are connection speeds not download speeds and this also applies to other providers and your hubstats clearly show an over 4Mbps connection speed
0 Ratings
zinnia48
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 17

Go to solution
So basically i am at the mercy of a phantom organisation who i cannot contact.

Also you are wrong, bt is stealing my money, people who want an intetnet connection arent intrrested in connect speeds , they are interested in download speed. You , bt and the whole world knows that.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 17

Go to solution
no sorry you are wrong all broadband services are sold as connection speeds as download speeds are far to variable

the network is constantly upgraded as demand varies it just takes time dependant on the complexity of the work needed to carry out the upgrades BT Wholesale like Openreach are not customer facing as their customers are the 500 + service providers of which BT is just one
0 Ratings
zinnia48
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 17

Go to solution

i am not going to get into ping pong with you over what customers think they have paid for,

if I understand you I have to be patient, whilst bt wholesale fixes my problem, my final question is how long do i have to be patient for, i week, i month, 1 year even, after what time can i expect to get a 2016 sevice, and if i havent received it in say 1 year, whao and how do i get a real person to look into this problem

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 17

Go to solution
it can take from days to months to resolve depending on the work that is involved in increasing the backhaul infrastructure
0 Ratings