Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
lee87
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 16

can i increase my upload speed?

Go to solution

my upload speed is too slow to play ps3 games online is there a way to increase it? and my maximum upload is only 444kpbs why is that?

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: can i increase my upload speed?

Go to solution
448k is the maximum upload speed for adsl max the service you are on the up to 8mb service
lee87
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

why is that the max? because of the phone line? so if i want faster upload i have to change to infinity?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

448 is max on adslmax but about 1000+ is available when on 21CN and faster on infinity

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

Yes, but if you can only get 448K, then it's unlikely that your exchange has been upgraded to Infinity yet.

It's fixed at 448K because that's how it's always done for ADSLMax.  Most people download much more than they upload, so it's better to have higher download speed, which means lower upload.

The only option I can think of is SDSL, which is a business service, and will be priced accordingly.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution
again sdsl is only at certain exchanges not all exchanges
0 Ratings
Clunk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

I too would like a faster upload speed. I do a lot of youtube videos, and 80 minutes upload for a 8 minute video (536mb) is quite lengthy. Especially as I have 5 videos to upload today.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

@Clunk wrote:

I too would like a faster upload speed. I do a lot of youtube videos, and 80 minutes upload for a 8 minute video (536mb) is quite lengthy. Especially as I have 5 videos to upload today.

Infinity is your only option.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution
448k is not the problem for playing online games. Many people, myself included have played many online games with a standard ADSL line...in my case 448up 2meg down. Do you know if your line is interleaved?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

Webby, its not the OP anymore, its a new poster hijacking the thread which has been marked as solved. New poster is uploading to Youtube.

0 Ratings