cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 54

Re: connection keeps dropping and bandwidth problem.

infinity socket.jpgalso if that is the case why do Openreach now fit filtered face plates at the master socket it allows the hub and a phone to be connected at the master and a filtered connection for phones at all other extensions

0 Ratings
johnboyjoe
Contributor
Message 22 of 54

yes but it still does not explain why i seem to be having a problem now, when its been running fine for all those years?

obviously if it was down to not having a micro filter connected wouldn't i have been seeing this problem right from the get go?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 54

i cannot explain it all i can say is it should not work and in 999out of 1000 there would be problems and your set up is incorrect according to all known set up procedures
0 Ratings
johnboyjoe
Contributor
Message 24 of 54

just doesn't make sense to me lol 🙂

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 54

nor me your situation should not work correctly
0 Ratings
johnboyjoe
Contributor
Message 26 of 54

so maybe its never really worked correctly then?

even though the downaload speeds and pings etc are usually fine.

yes very strange indeed lol

wonder why in all this time i've only just noticed the router dropping connection as with your line of thinking this must have been happening ever since i installed the setup?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 54

it most likely has done
0 Ratings
johnboyjoe
Contributor
Message 28 of 54

na i'm pretty sure i would have noticed it if had it been, and from what the guy on level 1 said looking at the information about my line that its only been happening for the last couple of weeks.

otherwise he would have seen the connection had been droping for months depending on how far back they go with the data, but he did say that he could see when the problem had started so...

probably not.

and just by looking at some of the titles of the threads in this part of forum, connections dropping, low speeds seem to be quite a common problem, personally i think theres a little more to it than what people think.

they're kind of juggling connections to share out the bandwidth IMO

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 54

no connections are not juggled to share out bandwidth that is a load of rubbish there are many reasons for disconnections unless you fully understand how ADSL works the conspiracy theory's run rampant
0 Ratings
johnboyjoe
Contributor
Message 30 of 54

but that doesn't really explain why it's happening now?

i am quite PC savy as they say and a bit of a PC gamer (not so much nowadays), i spend a lot of time online on a daily basis, so when there are problems with my setup i notice them, i simply would not miss a problem like this.

i know what my pings to UK/euro servers should be, and what my usual download/upload speeds are, usually my connection is very stable and i usually achieve my max download/upload (8mb/0.5) speeds.

just like i know if my connection is being capped or certain types of traffic are being restricted, i aint some dafty, though at times i may come across as one lol

u know one of the main reasons i've stuck with BT and payed over the odds all this time is because of the stable/solid connection which is very important when comes to playing games like Quake 3 and Live.

but nvm we shall see what happens, meanwhile i'm away to google compare broadband or something that i saw on the TV earlier.

0 Ratings