cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 22

Re: connection up and down like a yoyo

As that did not help and you have used test socket then mods may help. They will post a contact us link probably tomorrow now. 

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 3/5 working days either by phone or email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
grex9101
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 22

Thanks for your help.

Wow, 3-5 days! Requested a callback from BT 2.5 hours ago, still waiting. I must say, when I had problems with SKY, I waited minutes.

Not impressed.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 22

The parts of BT You get involved the more confused it will get. You would be better letting mods help you as they will take responsibility and give you one point if contact.

after you complete the email following the contact us link you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod assistance

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
grex9101
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 22

Oh, I know all too well.

I used to work for them Smiley Embarassed

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 22

Hi Grex9101,

Welcome to the community forum. I'll be able to help you with your connection. Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

grex9101
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 22

Thanks, details sent via webform.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
grex9101
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 22

So, I had an engineer out today who advised he was here "to look at the telephone, not the broadband". Advised he had identified an "underground line fault".

Came and went, BT fault tracker shows fault as "cleared".

Broadband speed still woeful, albeit now appears to be more stable.

Do I need to re-report this?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 22

can you post the 2 lines of stats from logs like before and also run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results

grex9101
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 22

Stats as follows:

15:30:32, 21 Aug.( 75.720000) DSL noise margin: 26.60 dB upstream, 5.70 dB downstream
15:30:32, 21 Aug.

( 75.660000) DSL line rate: 445 Kbps upstream, 10773 Kbps downstream

I'm unable to connect to the speedtest@speedtest_domain as I receive a "session closed due to error: Could not resolve host".

That said, the stats above look good - it just appears that the speeds drop off a cliff after an amount of time.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 22

cannection speed looks really good way past the estimate from dsl checker  up speed low but may recover  just need to have stable conenction and let settle

try 

btspeedtester

0 Ratings